atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: iFrankie New PRI - Small Emergency! - 06/29/05 07:40 PM
We switched our PRI from ATT&T to SBC today.

Unfortunately, I had to leave the office due to an emergency and was not here during the installation and switch over.

Right now, all incoming calls from the outside to our main phone number get a busy signal. However, we can call our main phone number from an internal phone and it comes through without a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I could check that may fix this problem? We are a 24 hour company and can't get calls now.

I'm familiar with our phone system and pretty much know my way around, so feel free to give me your suggestions and ideas.
Posted By: johnp Re: New PRI - Small Emergency! - 06/29/05 07:56 PM
You need to wait for every to load their tapes so that the change from carrier os propagated.
Posted By: olympic Re: New PRI - Small Emergency! - 06/29/05 08:04 PM
Make sure that the new carrier is sending you the same as the old carrier. Try switching the protocal on your PBX.
Posted By: batman Re: New PRI - Small Emergency! - 07/01/05 01:36 PM
first reset the PRI, you need to do this anytime you make changes to the system. did you verify all the programing. I would first check numebr of digits they are sending and did you check the carrier side of circuit. good luck
Posted By: ITcomm1 Re: New PRI - Small Emergency! - 07/02/05 07:00 AM
Verify the protocals!!! If it is on a DK, make sure the new carrier is NOT sending caller id name.
Posted By: iFrankie Re: New PRI - Small Emergency! - 07/04/05 10:29 PM
Thank you everyone for your help.

We are back up and running.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help