atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: TeleDude Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 03/30/06 09:54 AM
I have trouble with a few CTX systems, which is, that the network connection to the CTX goes dead, the softkeys quit working (iES32, iES16), Also I'm not able to log into the CTX with eManager.

The strange thing is that I can still ping the system, but there is no way in.

I know it can be fixed by a restart, but that doesn't solve the problem.

Anyone know what causes this, and how to fix it?

Thanks.
Posted By: Telephonyman Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 03/30/06 11:40 AM
For best assistance please fully complete your profile. There was a software revision issue solving a problem like the softkeys quit or partially quit working. Once profile is filled out I'm sure the others will jump right in and help.
Posted By: TeleDude Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 03/30/06 01:03 PM
Ok I think my profile is good now.

Yeah I have heard of the software revision back a while. I don't think that's what it is.

It's not only the softkeys that stop working. The dial-in modem, still dials and logs in, but when it tries to connect it says "No responce from device", same thing happens when trying to connect using the ethernet port on the processor.
Posted By: Telephonyman Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 03/30/06 02:54 PM
Is this a 100 or 670? Do you have a hub/switch on the CTX? Is it also on the customers network/Lan?
Posted By: junkman Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 03/30/06 03:11 PM
I've also had the same problem, both 100 and 670, connecting directly to the processor, with different software revisions.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 03/30/06 06:59 PM
Ditto. It's a problem Toshiba denies knowing anything about when you call tech support, but many people report having the same issue.

Some people say upgrading the software may help, but others say it doesn't. Only way to fix it in the mean time is to reboot the CTX.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 04/04/06 10:39 AM
to clear this problem you can get into programing via a phone , then ## hold out of programing , this has always worked for me.
Steve, have you passed this on to Toshiba tech support so they can check it out? It seems like you have solved a problem they don't think they have.

Obviously they don't want buggy software and lots of calls to tech support for which they don't have an answer to say nothing of frustrated techs is not in their best interest.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 04/05/06 04:30 AM
I believe one of there guy's told me this.I have not had this problem on any of the CIX software, I think the CIX 3. (what ever its up to) and 4.0 , doesn't have this problem, atleast the ones I've done
Posted By: TeleDude Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 04/10/06 08:50 AM
To me it seems to be happening on 670's and 100's also different software revisions, either on the customers network of a switch.

I have a few out there with just a crossover cable and they seem to be alright so far.

Does this ## Hold thig really work? I'm going to have to try that next time it happens again.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 04/10/06 09:09 AM
get into programing throught a phone, and enter one of the programs, any of the programs will work, then ## hold , ## hold to get out of programing. It works every time for me.
How did you do with the tornados down there?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 04/11/06 10:25 AM
Im east of where they hit.
Posted By: TeleDude Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 05/23/06 10:54 AM
Alright I just had a system loose it's softkeys.

I went into programming mode, entered a program, and exited.

The whole system seemed to restart, the phone I was on went dead, then came back and the voicemail rebooted.

Does the system always reboot in this situation, or is it a fluke?

I will have to pay closer attention next time this happens.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 05/23/06 06:10 PM
Recently I went into program 916 to check IP, and system reset. I didn't get a chance to enter ## Hold.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 05/24/06 11:51 AM
NOT EVER SEEN THIS BEFORE
Posted By: sthan7 Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 03/23/07 09:45 AM
Was there ever any resolution to this problem re: CTX/CIX ethernet connection dying?
Posted By: newtecky Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 03/23/07 07:21 PM
There is a SW level on the Beta site. The release notes say that they fixed the problem.

Toshiba says that they are still testing the SW, but our company has already installed the upgrade (with Toshiba's blessing).

We will see if it is FINALLY fixed!
Posted By: Red Re: Ethernet on CTX Quits working - 03/24/07 05:33 AM
R4 systems, upgrade your software to MP026
R3 system upgrade to MK050

red
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help