atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jjjjohn Contact Dk VM Trf - 07/06/06 08:02 PM
prior vendor had set up an analog port to use for transfering caller directly to a mail box. The sequence: on an active call, press transfer, 248(analog ext), dial ext of the mailbox where you wish to leave msg, press # , hang up. Assuming they set the analog ext to pass 998 to Contact DK. How do you program that? Any help. or input. Thanks
System DK 280 R3.2
Posted By: Telephonyman Re: Contact Dk VM Trf - 07/07/06 05:56 AM
welcome
Please complete your profile so we may be better able to assist you. And welcome to the board!
welcome
Not real sure you got that right, could 248 be the VM ext. number of the Contact DK? If you get into programming and check to see the actual ext.numbers of all ports associated with the Contact DK by the slot in which it resides I think that it might clear up what your thinking. And if in case they did set up a real analog port, that would be on a physical RSTU card, place your butt set on the port and monitor what happens when someone goes through the sequence of transfering a caller.
Posted By: jknichols Re: Contact Dk VM Trf - 07/07/06 08:50 AM
I agree 248 is most likely the Contact DK extension number (would be range 248-255 depending on how many ports are available).

Contact DK uses "#" to leave a message in a mailbox and "*" to check a mailbox, so the VMID codes are #656#mmm{Redial}{Spkr} and #657*mmm{redial}{Spkr} where mmm is the mailbox number.
Posted By: breed Re: Contact Dk VM Trf - 07/07/06 08:46 PM
We used to do this all the time with the old Stratagy voice mails and then do token programing on the Stratagy so that you could press a DSS key to say (248) or Transfer 248 and it would forward to a mailbox that enabled you to just dial the mailbox number and do a direct transfer. Don't have a clue on a Contact DK. If you want the Stratagy instructions let me know
welcome Please complete your profile
Posted By: jjjjohn Re: Contact Dk VM Trf - 07/12/06 05:40 AM
Thanks for the input and response. The site had lightning damaged and the CPU was replaced, so I am trying to reproduce what was there before. What they did for direct transfer to a mail box was: dial 248 (analog ext on RSTU card, not vmail ext), dial ext. number that you wish to leave direct message, dial #, hang up. So I am assuming that the 248 ext is passing to the COntact DK "998" for direct mail box access. I am not sure how to program 248 (analog port) to pass 998.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help