atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: telsystems1 toshiba dk40i adding pdku2 kills ivp8 - 07/07/06 06:38 AM
I HAVE A CUSTOMER WITH A DK40I system with an expansion unit and an ivp8 installed into slot 17 and a kcdu installed into slot 15 i am trying to install a pdku2 into slot 16 but when doing so the voicemail stops answering calls in both autoattendant mode or by trying to pickup messages.

can somebody assist in finding out whether i have a slot contention problem or this system has reached its port limitation. I should be able to install this card as the base cabinet has 8 digital stations and 4 co lines. The base may have some single line ports but not sure.
Posted By: KENB Re: toshiba dk40i adding pdku2 kills ivp8 - 07/07/06 06:59 AM
The programming manual notes tables in your I&M manual that certain cards must be installed in certain slots in the expansion cabinet or the system will not operate properly.

You may want to look there.
Hi KenB i am looking at the slot configuratation and i cannot see any problems as the book states that the ivp8 if installed must be in a higher slot than the station card and cannot be placed into slot 18. I need some serious assistance in determining what is the maximum port availability for this system with the cards that have been placed into the system.

This is what i gathered

Base cabinet:
slot 11- 8 digital stations
slot 12- 4 co lines
slot 13- 4 single line stations
slot 14- 4 dtmf recievers

Expansion Cabinet:
slot 15- kcdu 2 co lines and 4 digital stations
slot 16- pdku2 8 digital stations (this card is causing the ivp to shut down)
slot 17- ivp8 strategy dk
slot 18- nothing
Posted By: KENB Re: toshiba dk40i adding pdku2 kills ivp8 - 07/07/06 08:26 AM
If there never was a PDKU in slot 16
my Guess would be the mail moved up 8 ports
and now is off by 8.
yes ken there has never been a pdku2 in this slot do i need to restore ringing at the newly assigned vmail ports and do i also need to run the strategy setup again.

your help is really appreciated.
Posted By: KENB Re: toshiba dk40i adding pdku2 kills ivp8 - 07/07/06 12:19 PM
You would need to reprogram the dk40I to reflect the new ports ,and that is several programs.
I not to spiffy with the Toshiba in skins so hopefully someone will pop in and continue with you later today.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: toshiba dk40i adding pdku2 kills ivp8 - 07/07/06 02:19 PM
you will not need to re-program the Stratagy
Posted By: SSPhone Re: toshiba dk40i adding pdku2 kills ivp8 - 07/07/06 04:59 PM
Why not just move the IVP to slot 6 and install the new PDKU in 7. Your ports would then be correct.
Posted By: breed Re: toshiba dk40i adding pdku2 kills ivp8 - 07/07/06 08:17 PM
You have possibly 2 issues
1 When you program the the PDKU in front of the IVP 8 your ports shift off by 8 ports which will change all of your programming for the IVP 8 just as the previous post have mentioned

2. You can have only 28 station ports on a 40i
8 Base Cabinet
4 Single lines in the Base
4 KCDU Station Card
8 PDKU Station Card
8 IVP 8 (RSTU =8)
32 ports total
Posted By: SSPhone Re: toshiba dk40i adding pdku2 kills ivp8 - 07/08/06 06:27 PM
But he said he wasn't sure if there was a kstu in the main cabinet. The real solve for this would be get a 280/424 cabinet and processor and move forward. A rel3 BA/BB with cabinet and cards can be had these days for a steal.
Posted By: junkman Re: toshiba dk40i adding pdku2 kills ivp8 - 07/08/06 08:54 PM
The PDKU took the station #'s from the IVP8. There's several programs to change, message center, hunt group, ringing, station forwarding, and I think a few others. Just increase the station #'s for the IVP8 by 8.
Base cabinet: (8 digital ports)

Expansion Cabinet:
slot 15- 4 digital stations (4 ports)
slot 16- pdku2 (8 ports)
slot 17- ivp8 strategy dk (8 ports)
slot 18- nothing

8 + 4 + 8 + 8 =28 digital ports, system can only have 24 digital ports.

If I am not mistaken (and I'm not drinking tonight) the system counts a 4 port vm as 8 ports in the numbering system.

If you have solved this with Junkman's advice, GOOD. If not, I would try doing a renumber (91-1 in the initialization section at the beginning of programming.)
Posted By: junkman Re: toshiba dk40i adding pdku2 kills ivp8 - 07/09/06 07:55 PM
It does count an IVP8 as 8 ports, but if it's only a 4 port everything's still good, the last 4 ports will be ignored. Most voicemails I've seen on a DK40 have been 2 or 4 port.
If i move the ivp8 to slot 6 and place the pdku into slot 7 will i loose any voicemail settings if i have to resort back to placing the cards back if for any reason this configuration doesnt work.
No. But shutdown the Stratagy properly before pulling it out.
The voicemail is on a hard drive or flash memory, you can't lose any settings there.

The voicemail ports MUST be configured in Program 31 and you mush have the correct ports in your hunt group program, 33 or *40.

In the example above and copied here:

Expansion Cabinet:
slot 15- 4 digital stations (4 ports)
slot 16- pdku2 (8 ports)
slot 17- ivp8 strategy dk (8 ports)
slot 18- nothing

With renumbering, you would have base = 8 + 4 (kdcu) + 8 (pdku) + first 4 VM =24.

I would think that would be as jim dandy as you are going to get assuming you completely reconfigure the ports in the correct programs.
Just want to thank everyone for the help i have the problem resolved by moving the ivp8 to a lower slot as not to disturb the port assignments for the voicemail and the pdku2 came up with no issues. Ive been able to program all the new extensions without problems.

thanks again everyone for you assistance.

cheers
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help