atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BILL DEMMER IVP8 storage upgrade - 07/12/06 08:59 PM
Hi All,
I have a question regarding a storage capacity upgrade on an IVP8. Is there anything other than installing the additional memory that I'll need to know?
Current storage capacity is 8 hours.
I'm going to be increasing the capacity to 33 hours.

Thank You,
Bill
And how are you increasing the storage capacity, sending it out to someone or replacing the CF card yourself?
Posted By: BILL DEMMER Re: IVP8 storage upgrade - 07/13/06 08:40 PM
I would prefer to do it myself, as the customer can't be without voicemail for the three day turnaround time for me to send it out.

Thanks
Bill
Posted By: newtecky Re: IVP8 storage upgrade - 07/14/06 12:45 AM
You will be replacing the old Compact Flash card, which has the entire system, and mailboxes, with a new CF card.

The Toshiba Docs say to use a CF card reader and copy all files to your hard drive, then copy all files to the new card.

I have not done an upgrade myself.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: IVP8 storage upgrade - 07/14/06 05:02 AM
I have done this many times with the Flash voicemail but not with the IVP8. I know with the Flash you had to use a PC that was running Win98 as it was the last OS that you could format with DOS commands.
Posted By: breed Re: IVP8 storage upgrade - 07/14/06 06:56 AM
You may want to purchase the Expansion card from Toshiba and it will have all of the format files on it (you will not need Win 98). All you need to do is copy the data base over. The down side is Toshiba is kinda pricey on this item. The IVP 8 and Flash are done in the sme manner
Why do you say it would take three days?

I know we are all supposed to do everything, but I am much more proficient at phones than computers.

I find it much smarter on some upgrades to have someone else do it. I had an old Norstar 0x32 and an old Nam and you had to have an intermediate upgrade, etc.

The customer wanted it up asap, I flew it out one night, they did the whole upgrade on both units, tested everything, and flew it out the same day.

I could have messed with it all day, screwed it up, not got it up, and had egg on my face. As some of this stuff gets more and more computer intricate and xp pro will work if it is pro and without SP2, etc. I find it faster, smarter and more productive to have an expert do it on their workbench.

I am a mac person, not pc guru. I can run e-manager but when loading the software all the anti-virus, anti-adware and anti-spyware had to be removed not just turned off because it simply would not load. I don't know why and I don't care, it took the guru two and a half hours to make it work, how long would it have taken me?

There is no OBLIGATION to do every single thing in a phone job. Fine if we can and no shame if we spin some of it off to a computer guru.

No one will die without voicemail for one day. What if the building had no power for a day because the transformer was blown. Oh Well.

You have a right to do as you please, I would have the customer pick up the Next Day 10 AM freight. Everyone would be happy.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: IVP8 storage upgrade - 07/17/06 04:01 PM
Originally posted by breed:
You may want to purchase the Expansion card from Toshiba and it will have all of the format files on it (you will not need Win 98). All you need to do is copy the data base over. The down side is Toshiba is kinda pricey on this item. The IVP 8 and Flash are done in the sme manner
Does the IVP8 have the same limit as the Flash to the card size?
Posted By: breed Re: IVP8 storage upgrade - 07/17/06 05:05 PM
According to Toshiba the 512 card will give a Flash 44 hours and an IVP 8 32 hours. The upgrade instuctions I have don't list a card larger than this and I have only used a 512 card on the upgrades I have done. The upgrade is the same for both. The only card you can buy from Toshiba is a 256 that has already been formatted all you have to do is copy over the database. If you have access to FYI they have some articles on the upgrade for both systems in the Web Knowledge Base
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help