atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Boyan DK280 moving electronic to digital - 07/19/06 12:37 AM
Hi

I am pretty new at DK280 - I need to move electronic to digital station. Auto move will NOT work in this scenario. How do I go by doing it? The electronic ext. # and all settings must be preserved when moving to digital. I just want to slowly kill all electronic cards but cant seem to find a way to move ext. one by one and keep their config

Thanks
~B
You would replace a PEKU with 8 electronic extension with a PDKU of 8 digital extensions.

Power down, remove the PEKU, insert the PDKU in the same slot, power up. In program 03 change the slot to 61, 62 or 63 as indicated and you are up.

All config is there.
Posted By: KENB Re: DK280 moving electronic to digital - 07/19/06 03:00 AM
Following Bunnies advice above you will

be dealing with 8 extensions at a time.

Suggestion would be to call in local tech

and convert 8 at a time.
Posted By: dans Re: DK280 moving electronic to digital - 07/19/06 09:52 AM
Shouldn't you make changes in program 03 than power down and swap out the cards?

Dan S
I don't think it would matter changing the slot before or after when going PEKU to PDKU. I've done several in a 424 until all the electronic phones were gone and didn't lose any programming.

And if you find that none of the phones work, press the three white circuit breakers on the power supply. I have had situations where I swapped the card, reprogrammed in 03 and nothing worked until I got the bright idea to push the circit breakers on the power supply in that cabinet and all 8 stations came up.
Posted By: pghphoneman Re: DK280 moving electronic to digital - 07/21/06 11:02 AM
AFTER YOU RUN PROGRAM 3 YOU MUST RECYCLE POWER AGAIN IN ORDER FOR THE SYSTEM TO RECOGNIZE THE CARD. PROGRAM 03 YOU MUST ALWAYS REBOOT AFTER CHANGES ARE MADE. YOU CAN ALSO RUN 91-2 TO RESET SYSTEM.
Posted By: MrEngineer Re: DK280 moving electronic to digital - 07/22/06 02:51 AM
Yep, I always used Bunnie's method. Auto relocation only works if the extensions are of the same type, i.e. DKT to DKT, EKT to EKT.

And should you power on without a card in that empty slot, the system will "move forward" all the extensions by at least 8 ports wink
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help