atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Lee How to configure voicemail (extentions in group) - 07/21/06 10:21 AM
I had my voicemail working over the past year. Using WinAdmin, I assigned extention 25, 26, 27 and 28 as SLT/Voicemail. And set MW to VM port 45654. I set Direct Inward Termination to 45654.

Everything worked well until, to free extentions 10 to 30 for phones, and assigned VM to extention 31, 32, 33, and 34.

Now 45654 gives a busy tone, instead of going to voicemail. Ugh..

I can DIT to any extention, but I have lost my group. Is there somewhere I need to assign my VM group?
Thanks.
Which phone system & voice mail do you have?
I would guess you have a CTX of some type since you said you used Winadmin. Not sure about voicemail. You can make voicemails any extension numbers you want. I wouldn't make then the next consecutive numbers.

They would be in a Hunt group. Since you changed the numbers, the probably are not anymore. The hunt group may still exists, with the pilot, if any. I'm just guessing, but it looks like 45654 is the pilot extension for the voicemail. Look for the hunt group with that as pilot.

Since you already changed things once, why don't you make the VM extensions a higher extension numbers like 4501-4504. Then you willl be fine up to ext 44 (can't use 45).
Correct, it is a ctx100. I see now in hunt group, I need to add members. I'll take your advice and move them up to 4501-4504. If you don't hear from me, everything worked.
thanks.
Then I guess I hope to NOT hear from you. smile
The extensions 4501-4504 seemed like the best choice to me since you can't use ext 45 anyway (because of 45654 pilot). You can make them anything you want. Nobody calls those exts directly.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help