atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: 4mrbellguy strata se pgming - 08/07/06 07:43 PM
hi guys, I picked up an old strata Se system and phones. Donating it to FD where I work so guys can page each other when call is recieved for them. None of the phones are display. I've only worked on avaya/lucent systems so I'm not at all familiar with toshiba. What's an inexpensive display phone I can p/u to program the system, what port 10? Thanks
Posted By: jwallask Re: strata se pgming - 08/07/06 08:08 PM
Still have a Se that's been running in my house for 17 years ...and that's after I pulled it out of the flooded basement of a client's building 20 years ago!! ....the damn thing just won’t die!
In any event, station 13 is the programming port. Station 10 is used for basic admin functions such as setting the date & time. While not completely necessary, programming tasks are much simpler with a 20 button LCD display phone...
You should have little problem finding phones & I know of a great website that has all of Toshiba's KSU documentation for free.
Posted By: junkman Re: strata se pgming - 08/07/06 08:15 PM
The phones need to be EKT, the newer DKT won't work.
Posted By: jwallask Re: strata se pgming - 08/07/06 08:37 PM
A good point he would have discovered sooner or later..... ;-)
Posted By: KENB Re: strata se pgming - 08/09/06 04:10 AM
Shoot for a Ekt6520sd ,It was the last model

made b4 being discontinued.

If you just need it for programming you can find them on E-bay
Posted By: paul144 Re: strata se pgming - 08/09/06 06:55 AM
If you are looking at EKT6520SD, stay away from any verson 2 phone. They have an issue with capacitors on the speakerboard leaking and destroying the speakerboard.
For any of you that have version 2's that are still working ok, get the capacitors replaced or they will be dying soon.

Paul
Posted By: 4mrbellguy Re: strata se pgming - 08/09/06 10:33 AM
thanks for all the help guys, I'll check ebay for the display phone, I only need it to pgm this system. I'm sure i'll have more questions
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help