atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: noRulez toshiba dk280 - 10/13/06 01:44 PM
I have an employee that keeps getting the message: "co line hang up!" on her phone display in the middle of a call. I believe she said it disconnects the call on her as well. Anyone know what this means or how to stop it?
Posted By: Phil Re: toshiba dk280 - 10/13/06 04:25 PM
That could be caused by any number of situations. The most likely is a card failure, or the hookswitch on her phone. Does it happen to anyone else on that particular line? If not, then I'd replace her phone.
Posted By: KENB Re: toshiba dk280 - 10/14/06 06:50 AM
Rules
Could you take a minute and complete your profile.

Thank You.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: toshiba dk280 - 10/15/06 02:13 AM
I think Phil is trying to pull your leg a little bit because you didn't fill out your profile. Good for him, we desperately need humor around here.

The CPU is looking at your end and the far end. There is no message for the display that says, "hook switch broken," although that would be very, very convenient add-on. Since the 280, 424 and 424i have all been manufacture discontinued, I don't think there will be any research on it.

You could certainly call in from your cell phone to that particular line and once answered, hang up on the cell phone and see if "co line hang up" appears.

You can positively prove that this is a Toshie problem or a phone company problem, buy removing that line from the Toshie and hooking it up to a long cord and single line phone that sits on someone's desk.

If that line is disconnected in the middle of a call, then again and again, you have verifiable proof that it is a phone company issue, not a Toshie issue.

Now go fill in your profile, someone on the board may find they are in your area and want to sell you drugs or introduce you their sister or have a real get rich scheme to sell you.
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Re: toshiba dk280 - 10/16/06 06:42 PM
Could the user be dialing an outside line on their intercom? Or, could it be that the outside caller is hanging up? Is it happening to anyone else?
Posted By: noRulez Re: toshiba dk280 - 10/17/06 06:17 AM
She's not on intercom. She is the only user this is happening to oddly enough. Is it time to check the connections? I tried calling in from my cell phone, and hung up. She did not get that message at that point.
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Re: toshiba dk280 - 10/17/06 06:25 AM
Does she have a direct CO line that no one else has access to on her phone? If it isn't happening to anyone else, I would lean towards an issue with her phone, becaus if it was the CO line, more people would be having the issue unless she is the only one using that line. Does this make sense to you? Have you tried swapping out the phone?
Posted By: Rodge Re: toshiba dk280 - 10/19/06 08:55 AM
Had this before on ISDN on DK280 had to ugrade firmware on PRI card to resolve. If it's on Pstn you could see if the AROH (Automatic release on hold) is set on the line try turning it off I think its program 16.
Posted By: martin Re: toshiba dk280 - 10/19/06 02:06 PM
Swap it with a working extension
m
Posted By: noRulez Re: toshiba dk280 - 10/30/06 09:00 AM
Just to update you guys: I hadn't done anything yet as I was still researching and checking out the things you guys were saying. She said it stopped doing it last week and hasn't done it again. I like when problems solve themselves. I'm still curious about what happened, but I'll let it be. I told her to let me know if it happens again.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help