atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BlueCrystalMan Bad phone? Or BIPU? - 06/07/07 06:58 AM
Our Toshiba VoIP system is about 3 years old... a Strata CTX100 using a BIPU card. All phones operate across a VPN on the Internet, and are scattered across Pennsylvania. Recently, we added our sixth IP phone to the system. All is working fine, except a few times a day I have to hit the reset button on the BIPU because one of the phones in the field (about two hours away) drops and two others get real staticy and have a lot of delay.

We've swapped out the BIPU, but have the same problem. Today we're swapping out the phone. Only other piece of equipment in play is the Netgear VPN router 318 locally and a 338 at the remote, but the BIPU shouldn't be involved with the routers in this manner should it?

Please advise... thanks in advance.

BCM
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Re: Bad phone? Or BIPU? - 06/07/07 11:36 AM
I'm not a VoIp expert but did you check yoru bandwidth to make sure that isn't causing the issue?
Posted By: BlueCrystalMan Re: Bad phone? Or BIPU? - 06/17/07 05:37 PM
It was a heat problem. I found that pressing the reset button on the BIPU cleared things up for a bit, but then it recurred. On a whim, I pulled the top and front off the cabinet and the problem immediately went away and hasn't recurred since.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help