atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RKSmith toshiba vm question - 08/16/07 05:40 AM
My client has a phone where the message light flashes but when it's pushed it connects to another employees station. Can this button's programming be changed if so how? I have all the manuals but can not find anything specific.
Thanks,

RKS
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: toshiba vm question - 08/16/07 05:48 AM
Intercom # 409 will clear the message light, and yes this can be turned off in programing.basically what happened is someone at another station intercom'd the phone with the msg light on and either pressed the msg soft key in the display or pressed 7 and it lights the light, #409 will clear
Posted By: JeffG Re: toshiba vm question - 08/16/07 05:52 AM
At the phone where the message light is lit, hit the message button,have the person its calling pick up the receiver,hang up.
Or at the message light phone , hit icom,dial#409.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: toshiba vm question - 08/16/07 06:12 AM
RK welcome to the board
Station message was a big feature back in the day before voicemail. Not use so much anymore.
Posted By: RKSmith Re: toshiba vm question - 08/16/07 07:11 AM
Thanks guy's I appreciate the quick response. Will I need to reprogram that msg button to go to his voice mail?

RKS
Posted By: newtecky Re: toshiba vm question - 08/16/07 08:01 AM
That button is not programmable. If it was turned on by voicemail, it will connect to the voicemail system. If it was turned on by another extension as descibed above, pressing it will call that extension. You can program the system so that other people can not turn the light on anymore.
Posted By: RKSmith Re: toshiba vm question - 08/16/07 09:19 AM
I turned 2 station's on to voice mail. the other does not seem to have this problem. i do not think it was turned on by the another extension, but i don't know. i take it once these phones are activated on the voice mail system, the message button automatically dials the vm ext(?).
Thanks for your responses!
RK
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: toshiba vm question - 08/16/07 11:27 AM
if you press the msg button and it rings another station , then it was turned on by that station
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help