atcomsystems.ca/forum
I have a customer with a Tosiba DK424 who reports that after he places a call on hold, then rejoins the call, the digit keys no longer work. I verified this to be the case. This is usually not a problem, but in his case, he holds for tech support a lot and has to change phones to run around the office. He then picks the call back up and is put into an automated system which requires him to enter numbers. But at this point, his number keys are dead and he waited a long time only to be unable to enter any information. My local Toshiba genious told me that there's no solution because Toshiba designed it that way to prevent some other problem. Any ideas?
does this happen on all phones or just one ?
It happens on any phone that puts a call on hold. Once you go back to the call, the keys no longer work.
I'm not quite sure why this was started in the Voicemail forum. I'm moving it to the Toshiba forum. Hopefully you can get more help there.

Thanks!

Justin
You may want to check the Toll Restriction on the phone and take it off.
Thanks for that. I'm new to the site, and forgot about the concept of "Topic" when I went to my bookmark. Only 20 years in the business, I guess I'll get wise in another decade or two.
Dave
It has been years like 10+ ago but we run into this same issue. Try a * # on the dial pad to see if does anything, I remember something like that for some reason, but it has been a while ago.
The * key and # key were pressed to return tone to those keys if the phones did not have a redial and speed dial key assigned. By default, the * and # keys were redial and speed dial. In this situation, that is not the issue. The system simply won't allow digits to be dialed after a call has been placed on hold, then retrieved.
run a ram/rom check on the system, pgm 00-51 and 00-61 often clears up weird software bugs.

everybody will be cut off the phone while program runs ..
Try program 48 and put 0XX where XX is the TR class (00 is default).
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help