atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Mike M. BSIS Card Installation - 09/18/07 04:45 PM
Does the BSIS card require that the system be powered down before installation? Are there any steps that need to be taken to get the SMDR activated?

I am trying to get reporting software (Comm One) working on the serial port. I have the following:
CTX 100 with IV8 voicemail.
Thank you,
Posted By: newtecky Re: BSIS Card Installation - 09/18/07 07:32 PM
Since the BSIS is installed on the processor, yes, you have to power down the system.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: BSIS Card Installation - 09/19/07 12:31 AM
Mike, you might want to have a professional do this since it involves handling the processor and requires very specific parts to get to work. I've put in lots of SMDR but rarely get it right the first time because of various adjustments.
Posted By: MrEngineer Re: BSIS Card Installation - 09/25/07 09:32 PM
Same here. You ned to power down the whole system so that you can pull the processor card out and fit the BSIS into its slot.

Most of the time the problem comes from me using the Hyperterminal software to test the SMDR data. I have to select the baudrate, stop bits, parity, etc. and make sure they match in the Windows XP control panel before I can get anything at all.
Posted By: Infini-Tech Re: BSIS Card Installation - 09/26/07 06:51 PM
If i'm not mistaking, you will also need a license to activate your BSIS port for the SMDR to work. Correct me if i'm wrong...
Posted By: newtecky Re: BSIS Card Installation - 09/26/07 07:05 PM
The BSIS has 1 Serial licence and 4 ports when installed. You need to buy licences for the other 3 ports.
Posted By: Infini-Tech Re: BSIS Card Installation - 09/26/07 07:14 PM
Originally posted by newtecky:
The BSIS has 1 Serial licence and 4 ports when installed. You need to buy licences for the other 3 ports.
Thanks, wasn't too sure
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help