atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CTI Admin Retrieve voice mail password - 09/19/07 07:48 AM
We have an employee that changed his assigned voice mail password and did not submit when he left. How do I retrieve to check messages? The msg light is blinking but we can not access. We have a DK40i system and DKT2010SD phones.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Retrieve voice mail password - 09/19/07 08:14 AM
You can log into box 999 and reset the password to default for that mailbox
Posted By: CTI Admin Re: Retrieve voice mail password - 09/19/07 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Steve Mull:
You can log into box 999 and reset the password to default for that mailbox
Hi. Was I suppose to go to the phone/msg in question? The system did not accept 999, stated this was an invalid response. Typically it request the user id (four digits) followed by the # sign to access messages. Hope I am clear. Thanks.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Retrieve voice mail password - 09/19/07 12:01 PM
What voicemail is it ??
Posted By: CTI Admin Re: Retrieve voice mail password - 09/19/07 12:16 PM
It is the individual voice mail/msg. Each office is assigned a phone with an extention, then that person sets up thier voice mail with a welcome message. In order to access the messages left by a caller or the user changes,you enter a four digit code, which had previously been selected by the administrator, but this person set up a different user ID, which I do not know. I need to retrieve the messages and reset the password (user ID). Can this be accomplished at the extension phone or the administrator phone? Thanks.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Retrieve voice mail password - 09/19/07 12:39 PM
I mean what BRAND is it . Is it a Toshiba voicemail , AVT , Amanda , Teleco ??? if it is a Toshiba VM you can reset the password from box 999
Posted By: CTI Admin Re: Retrieve voice mail password - 09/19/07 01:10 PM
It is a Toshiba DK40i. So how do I reset the password? I am new to this.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Retrieve voice mail password - 09/19/07 02:21 PM
DK-40i is the phone system not the voicemail, if you don't know what voiccemail you have I can't help. You might want to call the company that installed it , or a local Toshiba dealer
Posted By: jknichols Re: Retrieve voice mail password - 09/20/07 07:04 AM
...changed his assigned voice mail password...
Not to be a smart-a**, but if you don't know the user password it needs to be reset in a manner similiar to how it was assigned in the first place (most good password systems will not allow you to view the current password). That being said, if you have no-one inhouse that knows how to set up new mailboxes or edit existing ones, you need to call in the vendor that set the system up for you.

I currently support two DK40s and a DK280; the DK280 has a ContactDK voicemail card in one of the expansion cabinets, one of the DK40s has a notebook-sized box on the wall next to the main system, and the other uses a PC computer for it's voicemail. Each of these systems is administered differently, and none of them use the 4 digits followed by a #. But again, unless you or somone in your organization knows the password to administer the voicemail box/card it really becomes a moot point to figure out exactly which one you are using.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help