atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: RRino eManager 5.0 - 09/20/07 08:39 AM
After upgrading to eManager 5.0(which IMO is more of a pain in the you-know-what than before) I can connect directly no problem, however, when I try to connect remotely(dial-in) I get prompted for a user name and password like its tryin to connect to a domain. I dont understand since my pc doesnt belong to a domain. Furthermore, I dont know what user name and password to use so now I cant do any dial-ins. Anybody have any clue as to what this is about and how to not make it do this?
Posted By: RRino Re: eManager 5.0 - 09/20/07 10:17 AM
OK, I uninstalled IE7 and I dont get that prompt when I try to do remotes so its an IE7 thing. Anyone know how to fix this? I kinda liked IE7 for the half day that I had it.
Posted By: www.telcom1.net Re: eManager 5.0 - 09/21/07 05:09 AM
I have it working fine...

maybe something in the sql 2005 install that you missed, first time i installed it didnt follow instructions because im to smart for that smile

then when i had to reinstall it,,, i followed the directions to a T and it worked just fine
Posted By: RRino Re: eManager 5.0 - 09/21/07 06:49 AM
I printed out the instructions and followed them to that T you are talking about. Its defenitly an IE7 thing. It only happens when I have IE7 installed.
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Re: eManager 5.0 - 09/22/07 06:48 PM
Where are the instructions for loading eManager 5? It isn't under release notes nor did I find it under the CIX software. What am I missing?!?!?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: eManager 5.0 - 09/22/07 09:44 PM
Amy, when you launch eManager you will be given a chance to view the install instructions. Print it out to be safe.
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Re: eManager 5.0 - 09/24/07 06:57 PM
OK. I have already got it saved on my laptop, but I haven't run it yet. Can I still print the instructions or do they only come up if I do a live download from FYI?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: eManager 5.0 - 09/25/07 12:32 AM
Execute the eManager.exe that you downloaded from FYI. At the beginning of the installation, it will give you the option of viewing the instructions which is in pdf format.
Posted By: MrEngineer Re: eManager 5.0 - 11/01/07 07:02 AM
Is there a way I can have this eManager 5.0 software please?
Posted By: Voyager Re: eManager 5.0 - 11/01/07 07:12 AM
You have to download it from Toshiba's Dealer FYI site.
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Re: eManager 5.0 - 11/05/07 08:43 AM
An update on installing eManager 5 -

WHAT A PAIN IN THE BUTT THIS WAS!!!!!

I spent 3 hours on the phone with tech support after I tried to install it unsuccessfully. Had two techs plus an engineer on the phone with me while they took opver my laptop to try and figure out what was wrong. After the installation was complete, I was able to connect remotley. Went home and came back the next day and couldn't get in remotely anymore so I call ed tech support back and spent an hour and a half with tow techs and another engineer and they couldn't find the reason why. So, it got escalated to Gwen North. Spent another hour ont eh phone with her, another tech and the developers of eManager (I'm pretty well know now!) who discovered that when I loaded eManager 5 the remote .dll file (I think that is what they said) to allow me to do dial up didn't get registered during the install. They beleive this was becasue I still ad WinAdmin stuff in the registry.

It's all fixed now, but what a pain!! I guess tech support has many different issues with remote dial up, but mine was the first!

Oh, I was running IE6 not IE7, but I was in a domain, which tech support took me out of and vreated a work group for me prior to re-installing eManager 5. I also had enough momory and met all theother requirements for running eManager.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: eManager 5.0 - 11/09/07 09:54 AM
I am not finding the install instructions???
Posted By: SyPhoneChik2125 Re: eManager 5.0 - 11/09/07 03:52 PM
the instructions for the msde database to sql 2005 express? I have them so pm if you want me to send them to you. they came with download Thank you. Beware as the process is not be done on an empty stomach. i had to do it 3x before i got it right and I am sure it wasn't me smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help