atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: JSeidel preserving memory on a Strata vie - 09/22/07 09:27 PM
I have a Strata vie system with 12 phones, gate opener and doorphone and it is working great. I have it on a UPS. The KSU had probably been unplugged for many years before this KSU was installed for me. I feel that the 3V memory battery is probably not to be trusted. I have not found anyone in the Dallas,TX area that wants to replace the battery - which I understand.

I have read on this board, that with other systems, 2 12V gel batteries could be wired in series to provide longer memory protection than a UPS. Can this be done with my system? I don't see anywhere on the KSU or the internal power supply to connect battery power via a cable. I do not care about keeping the system operable during a power outage, but would like to keep the programming intact for when the power returns.

I welcome any advice. Thanks so Much!!
Posted By: phonemeister Re: preserving memory on a Strata vie - 09/22/07 09:42 PM
Didn't you get my reply to the email you sent me?
Posted By: JSeidel Re: preserving memory on a Strata vie - 09/23/07 10:38 AM
Yes I did and I really appreciate your time. You said:

"Well, it's so long since I've touched one. If I recall, there is a battery screw terminal labeled + and - which are 24 volts. Yes, you can wire 2 12 volt batteries in series for 24 volts."

I have tried very hard to find battery screw terminals labeled + and -, but can't seem to locate those. I looked on both sides of the KSU and I looked all around the power supply. I am at a loss to where they are.

Once again, thanks so much to phonemeister and anyone else who can help!
Posted By: phonemeister Re: preserving memory on a Strata vie - 09/23/07 11:14 PM
I emailed you again.
Posted By: JSeidel Re: preserving memory on a Strata vie - 09/24/07 10:49 PM
Thanks So VERY much phonemeister. Phonemeister, do you or anyone else have any idea where I can buy a HPBU-7, the PCB that goes into the power supply with the terminals for the battery hook-up? Thanks again!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help