atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ben-Nabiy Stratagy DK 4/24 administration cable - 09/25/07 04:58 PM
Howdy everyone! I am looking for information on either how to make, or buy a cable for administering my Stratagy DK. Could someone point me in the right direction as to how or where?

If there is someone in the SoCal area who makes them and doesn't charge an arm and a leg, please PM me.

Thanks so much!
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Stratagy DK 4/24 administration cable - 09/25/07 06:17 PM
You need the Stratagy Admin software and a nul modem cable DB9 to DB9
Posted By: ben-Nabiy Re: Stratagy DK 4/24 administration cable - 09/25/07 10:03 PM
Someone told me that the null modem cable was not enough, but that it had to be pinned out a certain way. I have the admin software, and a null modem cable.
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Stratagy DK 4/24 administration cable - 09/26/07 06:02 AM
The nul modem cable should do the trick. The one I have has both a DB25 and DB9 on both ends.
Posted By: ben-Nabiy Re: Stratagy DK 4/24 administration cable - 09/26/07 12:47 PM
Thanks! Does it need to have both on both ends? Do you need to hook up both the 25 and 9 on the computer side?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Stratagy DK 4/24 administration cable - 09/26/07 12:50 PM
DB9 to DB9
DB9 to DB9 should do the trick
Posted By: ben-Nabiy Re: Stratagy DK 4/24 administration cable - 09/27/07 11:18 AM
Thank you so much!
Posted By: ben-Nabiy Re: Stratagy DK 4/24 administration cable - 10/31/07 02:55 AM
Somehow I cannot pull it up on my remote computer. What am I doing wrong? I have removed the jumper like the software tells me ( I booted the Stratagy drive on my laptop to see what was happening) and it runs through a lot of batch script, and then tells me to reboot it with the jumper off and a cable hooked up to port 1 and to exit out. I get nothing on my comm program though.
You will need Stratagy Admin to administer the voicemail.
Posted By: ben-Nabiy Re: Stratagy DK 4/24 administration cable - 11/05/07 04:37 PM
I have stratagy admin, but it just pulls up a blank screen when I tell it to connect. Can someone PM with what I need to do specifically or what I can try? I know the drive boots, but it ends up at a prompt telling me to remove the jumper, hook up a term program to it on com1 and then drop it to dos when it reboots. Are there any logs I can look at on the VM in order to see why it is dropping to dos?
Posted By: ben-Nabiy Re: Stratagy DK 4/24 administration cable - 11/07/07 11:34 AM
Basically, the VM is not even getting to the point where I can administer it with Stratagy Admin. It is running through a lot of script and then the last thing it does is echo the instructions to drop it to DOS. ( I know this only from booting the drive on my laptop, not by connecting to it while it is in the VM). Somehow nothing I do can get me connected to it while it is in the VM, and the device keeps on cycling with a blinking amber light.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Stratagy DK 4/24 administration cable - 11/07/07 01:53 PM
you may have a bad hard drive or file. if that the case there isn't much you can do but send it in for repair. Index trading may be able to give you some information 724-335-1300
Posted By: ben-Nabiy Re: Stratagy DK 4/24 administration cable - 11/07/07 03:27 PM
I know it is not the HD, as I can boot the HD in my laptop and watch it run the scripts. I wonder if one of the files is corrupt referenced in the bootscript ( stratagy.bat) which would cause it to loop and then end. My problem is that I should be able to watch it boot through a terminal window in order to diagnose and troubleshoot it while it is in the DK, but I cannot access it. I might not have my connection settings right in my term program, or I just might not be hitting the right keys to get it to drop to dos.
There is a ton of stuff going on that is prop
sorry bumped a button.... anyways... there is a ton of stuff going on behind the scenes.. for instance does it ask you for the password? and did you select the proper com port? which ver of admin are you using as it can corrupt the database if not using the correct one. I have been a toshiba dealer for 10 yrs and now refurbing these phones and such. need more info contact me via pm for contact info.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help