atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: DennisT CTX100 AutoAttendant basic questions - 10/29/07 07:39 AM
We have a CTX100 (AR3.10.MK.024), emanager v4.12A05, Stratagy XSYS 4.1/2.05. Is this system capable of the following AA menu?

incoming call rings the attendant. If there is
no answer after 4 rings, roll to the main menu.
Caller selects an option (IE #2) which rings a
group of phones (sales). If no answer, the call
rolls to a menu where the user can make selections such as
Leave a VM,
go to the directory,
go back to the main menu,
etc.

I'm the IT guy and I don't have much experience with this system. If I can do the above, any hints on the proper terminology, locations in the programs to set it up, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Voyager Re: CTX100 AutoAttendant basic questions - 10/29/07 07:44 AM
Absolutely yes it can. You may want to get a Mod on the phone for a little help. We try to keep the public forum for end-user type questions.

A small investment in tech support will pay-off handsomely in the long run....
Posted By: meisgq Re: CTX100 AutoAttendant basic questions - 10/29/07 07:46 AM
Any competent Toshiba tech will be able to program voicemail according to your post.
Posted By: DennisT Re: CTX100 AutoAttendant basic questions - 10/29/07 02:13 PM
Thanks.

Actually I do have local support but they're very slow to answer questions like this and when they do, the answers are weak. I asked them about this same subject and their response was that once the call went to the sales group they weren't sure if we could roll it to a menu. They were sure we could roll it to a VM box.

We're still in the design mode. With the information you've provided we'll be able to finish this up and pass the final spec's to our local support. If they balk I'll post back here.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CTX100 AutoAttendant basic questions - 10/29/07 05:31 PM
Originally posted by DennisT:
Thanks.

I asked them about this same subject and their response was that once the call went to the sales group they weren't sure if we could roll it to a menu. They were sure we could roll it to a VM box.
In the stratagy, a menu is just a message box that doesn't take messages. They can all had menu options (press1, 2, etc) and then lead to opther menus, or to a box to take a message. You can always have a group of phones (setup in a Multiple Call Group) go to another menu.

Just stay aware of how long you are keeping the caller in the AA menu system. You don't want endless menu options. Many people will just hit 0, so take that into consideration.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help