atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: eden909 CTX100 and eManager - 11/28/07 09:33 AM
I recently got called in to do changes to a CTX100 system. One of your members was kind enuff to connect me to the eManager software. After all the crazyness of what it needs to operate, I cannot connect to the phone system. I'm kinda new to eManager but as a network geek, I can see with a sniffer that it's trying to connect via FTP port 21 to an account named admin. Anyone can help me with the default password and/or how to cause eManager to attempt a different password? An alternate account?
Posted By: Voyager Re: CTX100 and eManager - 11/28/07 10:04 AM
Welcome to the board.

Have you been able to log into eManager with the default user name and password?

If yes, have you created a customer account for your site? and completed the Classes Setup?

Are you using the correct IP address and community name?

Are you connecting thru the network or directly to the CPU card with a cross-over cable?

Lets start there..........
Posted By: eden909 Re: CTX100 and eManager - 11/29/07 06:40 AM
Login to eManager: yes

customer account: if this means adding the hardware, yes

Classes setup: unsure, prob not

IP address: yes, that's part of what is verified with the FTP sniff

Commmunity name: Not sure, but I think it's what I got from the dox.

Connection is directly to the CPU card. My laptop ethernet is auto cross, so it works with a straight or a cross-over cable

Thanks
eden909
Posted By: eden909 Re: CTX100 and eManager - 11/29/07 06:43 AM
OK, I rechecked. Classes seem to be setup for the admin account by default.
Posted By: Voyager Re: CTX100 and eManager - 11/29/07 06:57 AM
This could take awhile and its not an end user issue. I've sent a PM. We'll continue off-board for now. If we need more input, we'll be back....

Dan
Posted By: meisgq Re: CTX100 and eManager - 11/29/07 08:37 AM
I doubt there is anything wrong with the software or the CTX. This seems like an end-user problem.

You need to know:

1) IP address of CTX
2) laptop IP set to same subnet and IP range of CTX
3) valid community name
4) valid set up of emanager profile and adding it to the correct class
5) Select Equipment: click on the designated equipment folder so that IP address of CTX shows, Press connect; reboot system if snmp is locked up.
--------
Most likely, the community name is invalid.
If all else fails, try connecting via the modem OR download a programming-by-phone manual. Have fun learning the quirks of the software.
Posted By: Voyager Re: CTX100 and eManager - 11/29/07 09:15 AM
Shawn - He called and we determined its probably the Community Name. He'll check it out.
Posted By: eden909 Re: CTX100 and eManager - 11/30/07 08:44 AM
First: Thanks to all who provided much info.

Second: Wrong community name does look to be the case. I have since located the set-up info for eManager and followed that closely.

Third: I'm also stuck on the dial-up connection, which I'm told is already set up on this system. I keep getting the "The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection" error. I'm pretty Windows savvy and haven't yet found the cause. Any ideas?

Tanks again and TIA

eden909
Posted By: eden909 Re: CTX100 and eManager - 11/30/07 12:11 PM
OK finally made it to the site and it was the community name field that was killing me. Thanks again.
Posted By: Voyager Re: CTX100 and eManager - 11/30/07 01:09 PM
Steve -- thanks for coming back and giving us an update. It helps, too.
Posted By: eden909 Re: CTX100 and eManager - 12/04/07 09:00 AM
I think I can repost this, since I believe that all overlooked it:

First: Thanks to all who provided much info.

Second: Wrong community name does look to be the case. I have since located the set-up info for eManager and followed that closely.

Third: I'm also stuck on the dial-up connection, which I'm told is already set up on this system. I keep getting the "The system could not find the phone book entry for this connection" error. I'm pretty Windows savvy and haven't yet found the cause. Any ideas?

Tanks again and TIA

eden909
Posted By: newtecky Re: CTX100 and eManager - 12/04/07 07:30 PM
That is not setup during the eManager install. Just create a dialup entry in Windows network connections and call it RemoteCTX1 with no spaces. Make the IP address in the range 192.168.255.1 thru 253. The CTX modem will have the IP 192.168.255.254.

I don't have the install PDF in front of me at the moment, but I think that is all you need to do. You don't need a phone number because the emanager will add that in when you dial, if you set it up correctly.
Posted By: eden909 Re: CTX100 and eManager - 12/17/07 09:27 AM
If you have access to the PDF at all, I could really make use of a copy

Thanks in advance

eden909
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help