atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CtK DK280- Phone calls go straight to Voicemail - 03/12/08 09:16 AM
Hello,

We have a DK280 phone system, and a direct phone # that when dialed you can just enter in the persons extension, so you won't need to go thru the front desk.

The problem is some of them actually rings and the other one goes straight to voicemail.

I would like it to ring a few times then goto voicemail.

How do I fix this??

please help,

Thanks!!
turn of dnd in the users mailboxes
are you talking about outside lines needing to ring , or when the voicemail transfers a call to an extension>
Hello Ctk,

Yup, sounds like either a DND button is turned on, or call-forward all-calls was set.

----

If I am comprehending your post...

You have a direct line (XXX-555-1234) that rings to your VM/AA system, at which point you enter a persons PDN number (15/205/etc).

You wish it to ring the PDN (XX amount of seconds), then forward to VM if the call goes un-answered.

----

You need to see if the DND's are turned on. If so, they will probably be near the top few buttons and the LED will be solid red... toggle that off.

If it is CF-AC, then you need to clear that or enter the new CF assignment to replace it.
Take Display phone, plug in and see what it comes up. CFA would go into VM right away. CF-NA that is what you need to set up.
From what I read it looks likes it is when the extension is pressed from the auto attendant.

Before changing any call fowarding on the phone, call the extension from another extension. If it rings, then, as noted above, have the user check in the voicemail box to see if they turned Do Not Disturb on.

On the display, a "CF-NA" is or CF-BNA" is normal, which means call foward is there is no answer of busy, which will likely go to voicemail.
Posted By: CtK Re: DK280- Phone calls go straight to Voicemail - 09/12/08 07:18 AM
I am having the same problem again. I have tried CF-A, CF-B, CF-NA, and CF-BN. But they keep on going to voicemail instead of ringing my phone. The DND is not on.

Please help!!

thanks
CtK - As recommended above...log into the users mailbox and check to see if Do Not Disturb is enabled in the mailbox. If it is, disable it.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help