atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: BarryH CTX Recording a PDN - 07/16/08 01:32 PM
Hello,

Using a CTX-670 PBX and Stratagy ES voice mail system.

I cannot get the VM Record button to work if a call comes to the phone via a Phantom DN. It works if a call comes to the phone's extension.

I'm trying to allow the receptionist to record some incoming calls (from outside the bldg). Unfortunately, the calls come into a Phantom DN on her phone, not to her actual extension. It appears that's the reason she can't record the calls.

Is this true, she can't record calls on the Phantom DN? Is there a way around this??

I can't really reconfigure the way the incoming calls are routed. We have 48 incoming lines for multiple companies and it's not worth screwing with just for this feature. I'm hoping there's some other solution.

Thanks,

Barry
Posted By: BarryH Re: CTX Recording a PDN - 07/16/08 03:29 PM
I just discovered that it does work to record a call, which appears on a Phantom DN, as long as the Phantom DN is configured properly.

My Phantom DNs were lacking the necessary "09 Message Center" information. After I filled in that info (VM ext 500), it worked fine. I believe you also need the "01 Owner PDN" information filled in too.
Posted By: Voyager Re: CTX Recording a PDN - 07/17/08 10:33 AM
You're right. Good Boy!!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help