atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: leftlane145 Toshiba DK 16E external ringer - 09/17/08 11:21 AM
I have Toshiba 16e phone system and would like to add an external ringer. I read on a post here that an expansion cabinet and expanision card was neded. I purchsed the card and the ringer (already had expansion cabinet) and now someone told me I also might need a tone card model K4RCU. s is possible.
Thanks
Jerry
[email protected]
Posted By: mj_wald Re: Toshiba DK 16E external ringer - 09/17/08 11:36 AM
If you are looking to add a external bell style ringer to your DK16e you would need an analog circuit. You could put a KSTU in the MAIN cabinet or an RSTU in the Expansion. You will not need a receiver card (K4RCU) as it is only used for touch tone dialing.

However, you could also assign ringing to the built in page port. You would then get ringing over your paging system. The system would need to be in night mode for this.

Lastly you could hook up a PI-DKT devise to an open DKT port, and again hook it up to your paging system. You would assign ringing as you would a normal phone.
Posted By: leftlane145 Re: Toshiba DK 16E external ringer - 09/17/08 12:12 PM
I already have the KSTU card and external ringer. So I will give this a try. The other alternatives are a little out of my league.

Thanks for your help!!
Jerry
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help