atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: bobo adding new person to directory - 10/20/08 12:46 PM
how do you switch from numeric to alpha on the phone pad? I'm adding user name 1 and user name 2, and it is numeric when read back to me. System is a Strata IVP8.

Thanks!
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: adding new person to directory - 10/20/08 01:03 PM
That is the way it is when going through the phone to add names to directory , what ever letters are associated with the number for example 262 could be BOB
Posted By: bobo Re: adding new person to directory - 10/20/08 01:09 PM
I understand how the #'s are associated with corresponding letters. For instance, for the letter 'D', I hit 3. When the auto voice reads my imput back to me, it's all in numbers, not letters. Shouldn't it be read back to me spelled out?
Posted By: RRino Re: adding new person to directory - 10/20/08 01:21 PM
The system really doesn't know what letter or name you are trying to spell because there are 3 or 4 letters associated with each number. If you really wanted letters instead of numbers there, you would have to use the appropriate admin software. But rest assured, the numbers work just fine for the directory.
Posted By: bobo Re: adding new person to directory - 10/20/08 01:57 PM
So, when a caller is asked to enter the first few letters of a last name, and they enter something like '764', the 'lady in the box' will correctly say Smith? As you can tell, I'm really new at this, and the user guide we have doesn't cover this. I'm wondering if our tech has to come out to do this..........
Posted By: meisgq Re: adding new person to directory - 10/20/08 02:04 PM
You are correct. 764 = SMI to the voicemail. When the caller goes to the directory and presses 764, the 'lady in the box' will play the 'recorded name' in the mailbox. This is the name that you record during the tutorial when you first log into a new mailbox. At no time will a caller ever hear 764 or SMI.
Posted By: bobo Re: adding new person to directory - 10/20/08 02:12 PM
cool-thanks for all your help!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help