atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jacksonf4 LIPU and BIPU cards - 10/31/08 07:43 PM
Hello,

My question is:

What is the difference between the two?

I have a customer with a CTX-200 with no IP phones. They want to utilize 6 Netphones internally. Which card would I need?

If they have a user that wants to use a Netphone at home, which card would they need?

Which license(s) would I need to obtain?

BTW, the company I work for is a Toshiba dealer, but we haven't gotten into IP telephony with Toshiba's yet. Thanks...
Posted By: phonemeister Re: LIPU and BIPU cards - 10/31/08 11:09 PM
The BIPUs are discontinued so I wouldn't recommend them. If you are on version 5 software on the CIX, or can upgrade to it, then I would recommend the MIPU. Otherwise, the LIPU will do.
Both the LIPU and MIPU cards will work well with Netphone even for the external or remote Netphone. If you're a dealer, call the sales support desk and they can help you with the licenses stuff.
Posted By: RRino Re: LIPU and BIPU cards - 11/01/08 04:04 PM
You have to remember though that the netphone needs to connect to the netserver to work. Just the soft IP only needs the xIPU card. Netphones are really cool though and I would recomend over the soft IPT's any day.
Posted By: jacksonf4 Re: LIPU and BIPU cards - 11/01/08 04:31 PM
Originally posted by RRino:
You have to remember though that the netphone needs to connect to the netserver to work. Just the soft IP only needs the xIPU card.
So I don't even need an LIPU card for the netphones? So I would just need to install the netserver program on a computer which will be on the same network as the CTX and the netphones? What kind of licensing would I need?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: LIPU and BIPU cards - 11/01/08 10:11 PM
You do need the netserver for Netphone. However, if you are using the Netphone as a soft IP phone, then you will need an IPU card.
Posted By: p2ii Re: LIPU and BIPU cards - 11/03/08 06:15 AM
Here's the deal...If you want to use Netphone in conjunction with a desk phone, no xIPU card is needed. If you want to use the Netphone as standalone softphone type extensions, then you will need an xIPU card along with IP Endpoint license.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help