atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: KENB message light dk280 - 11/06/08 05:24 PM
I have a DK280 r1 system [inherited ] with mixed analog and digital sets,IVP8 [tan ] mail.

1- analog set is getting intermittent message waiting lights.Sometimes it lights and sometimes not.

He had 5 messages with no lights then I went away and came back and message light was lit on recent message.

I'm thinking change the phone to digital set and move ext to digital port .

any ideas ? I'm also thinking someone has his password and is listening to his messages and saving them.
I'm WAGing on this one. On amanda, port 4 always sets the MW light. I don't know if the IVP8 [tan] is locked to port 4 for lighting the MW or not.

Put all vm ports on a phone you can monitor.

As a test you could put only port 4 in the VM hunt group and make a series of test calls to see if it lights after a call, then listen to the message and see if it turns off. Repeat this for a half dozen calls. If it turns on each time, port 4 is not the problem.

Try putting only VM port 3 in the vm hunt group and repeat the test. If you don't get any MW after a couple attempts, try only port 2 and then try only port 1 in the hunt group.

Watch to see which port lights up to send the MW signal no matter which port answers the call.

A little detective work here will provide some clues.
Posted By: p2ii Re: message light dk280 - 11/07/08 07:08 AM
You are probably getting collisions on the vm ports. 2 options...

1-In SG config, set notify port as 4 only. Remove port 4 from VM hunt group.

2-In mailbox config, set the Notify option to max tries to 2 or 3 after 60 sec.
Posted By: KENB Re: message light dk280 - 11/07/08 06:12 PM
Thank you for the replies .

I will try them.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help