atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Yankee1 DK280 Caller ID - 11/07/08 11:46 AM
OK. . .This is going to sound pretty dumb, but I'm trying to get the Caller's Number to display on the LCD of a DK2020. I have Caller ID activated on the CO lines. I really need a precise answer here; I'm not too savvy with this system.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: DK280 Caller ID - 11/07/08 12:41 PM
1. Do you have the RCIU installed in the system?

2. When you say "I have Caller ID activated on the CO lines", are you refering to the programming portion of it?
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: DK280 Caller ID - 11/09/08 10:13 AM
Did you do programs *50 through *52?

The system needs a little information in addition to the RCIU/RCIS cards for Caller ID decoding; are your dial tones hooked up to the decoding cards?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: DK280 Caller ID - 11/09/08 11:39 AM
Your DK280 software version may not support it.
Posted By: Yankee1 Re: DK280 Caller ID - 11/12/08 04:26 AM
OK, I'm probably an idiot for asking, but I'm going to do so anyway.

Are RCIU and RCIS plugin cards?

What is Caller ID decoding?

When I said that I have Caller ID turned on, I mean that the local telephone company has the feature activated on these telephone numbers.

Help!
Posted By: jknichols Re: DK280 Caller ID - 11/12/08 06:00 AM
Short answer - If you just had the telephone company add the caller ID feature to your phone lines, and the DK280 system box was never set up for caller ID, then you will need to contact your Toshiba dealer/installer to upgrade the system to "listen" for the caller ID signals on the line and "decode" that info into a user readable format on your phones. This requires plugin cards to be added to the Main Box, and a certain amount of system programming to pull it all together.

As phonemeister stated, the earlier DK280 systems were never designed for caller ID, and may require a major upgrade - may be more cost effective to replace the main controller, keeping the existing phone sets. Again, you need to discuss that with a Toshiba dealer.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: DK280 Caller ID - 11/12/08 10:38 AM
If you look on the side of the further most left card card it will tell you the software.

It could be RCTUA V1 (very old) or RCTUBA V4 and the card to the right connected to it RCTUBB which would be newer two cabinet software.

Newer software released when the 424 came out will upgrade the 280 to the equivalent of a 424 so it is possible you could have very new software in a very old 280 cabinet.

Dial tone has to go to both the RCOU/RCOS card so the phones get dial tone and ALSO to the RCIU/RCIS cards so the caller ID information is passed to the CPU and displayed on the phones.

Just turning on Caller ID at the phone company will do nothing at all for you without the RCIU/RCIS cards and the software programming.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help