atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: oldtimetech CTX ring over page - 11/11/08 05:19 PM
Hi. Can night ring over page be programmed in a CTX 100 without the paging card? Or can I progrm the relay contact to follow the ringing? Thanks.
You can use the Page Industries adapter https://www.pageindustries.net/e-commerce-solutions-catalog3.5.html

You don't need the Paging card, just a station port. I've used them often.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CTX ring over page - 11/11/08 06:48 PM
You can DIT the trunks to the external paging output. The processor has a built-in page output.

The problem is that the calls will never go to voicemail. The phones should ring if they have line appearances and the lines are ser to ringing.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CTX ring over page - 11/11/08 08:46 PM
Ya, those PI adaptors work good when you need to to go to voicemail.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: CTX ring over page - 11/11/08 08:52 PM
Well, I can't add anything else, except agreement. Good suggestions ObhhB and newtecky.

As for the original poster... do you need a relay contact along with the night ringing, or do you only need night ring alone?
Posted By: v.crage Re: CTX ring over page - 11/12/08 05:26 PM
I only need the night ring over page. The relay contact was to enable me to use an old Wheelock ringer the customer has hanging on a wall if the page didn't work.
Posted By: oldtimetech Re: CTX ring over page - 11/12/08 06:03 PM
strange, my last post came through as another tech on our network. either he never logged off or I interrupted his session. opps
Posted By: newtecky Re: CTX ring over page - 11/12/08 06:44 PM
Like I said earlier, if you DIT the trunks to the paging output, it will ring over your paging system.

If you set it to Night bell, the contacts should close on the ringing cycle. I have never used it, but per the manual, the contacts will close for 1 sec, then open for 3 sec. If you had a bell wired thru the contacks it should cause it to ring, as long as it rings by shorting the contacts.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help