atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ringtone dock-n-talk compatibility - 11/11/08 09:53 PM
Has anyone tried to connect dock-n-talk to a Toshiba ctx-100 phone system? A dock-n-talk box allows a person to connect a cellular phone to a home phone system. So when I am home, I can make cellular phone calls through my Toshiba phone system. I have it working with a slight problem. When I receive a cellular call, the Toshiba phones never stop ringing unless I pick up the phone. Any ideas?
Posted By: MacOSX Re: dock-n-talk compatibility - 11/12/08 08:17 AM
Don't most phones ring until you pick them up?
wink

jk...

Is it the docked phone that has to be picked up, even if the call is answered on the Toshiba?

----

I have not use one, but I am very curious as to the application and the quality. We have VM call our phones and we have free incoming via Nextel, so it doesn't matter right now.
BUT...
I am going to look at our plan/bill and see if going to a different plan, including a dock-n-talk for the line that calls out from VM would be more cost effective.
Posted By: ringtone Re: dock-n-talk compatibility - 11/12/08 08:43 AM
Let me clarify. The Toshiba phones keep on ringing even when the caller hangs up, unless someone picks up the phone. I also noticed something else. As long as the caller stays on, I can see the caller's caller id. As soon as the caller hangs up, the caller's phone number disappears and the display says, "Line Ringing."
Posted By: phonemeister Re: dock-n-talk compatibility - 11/12/08 09:19 AM
Is the LED light on the RCOU card flashing when the Toshiba phone is ringing and after your cell call has ended?
Posted By: ringtone Re: dock-n-talk compatibility - 11/12/08 10:22 AM
The LED light turns off when the caller hangs up, but the phones still ring.
I tried using the Dock N Talk with a CIX40 and it would work fine with a very recent bluetooth phone but kept losing the connection with a Treo 650 which is a bit older but expensive phone and other bluetooth devices work with the 650.

I even paid $50 to upgrade the DNT software and that was a waste of money.

There are devices similar to the Dock N Talk that may be more compatible. This is a great idea but not perfect in implementation.
Posted By: ringtone Re: dock-n-talk compatibility - 11/12/08 08:42 PM
Dock-n-talk seems to work in every other way. I can make and receive calls over the Toshiba system. I just have this ringing problem.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: dock-n-talk compatibility - 11/12/08 10:12 PM
Originally posted by ringtone:
The LED light turns off when the caller hangs up, but the phones still ring.
The LED on the RCOU trunk card will flash in quick successions when there is ring voltage on the line. What I was looking for is when the Toshiba phone is ringing and the call has terminated, does the LED on the RCOU continue to flash?
Posted By: ringtone Re: dock-n-talk compatibility - 11/13/08 08:35 AM
No. I should have been clearer, but I did understand your question. When the call is terminated by the caller, the Toshiba phones still ring and the LED turns OFF.
Posted By: RRino Re: dock-n-talk compatibility - 11/13/08 09:33 AM
How does the DNT connect to the Toshiba system? Is it through a CO port, analog port? Can you hook your butt-set up in between the DNT and the CIX and hear it ringing after you answer the call on the cell? Im just tryin to narrow down the cause of the problem, is it the DNT or the CIX.
Posted By: ringtone Re: dock-n-talk compatibility - 11/13/08 11:04 AM
I connected the DNT to the Toshiba system (CTX100) through the fourth CO port on my RCOU card. I think the problem is a setting on the Toshiba system. Tonight I will try the DNT on a DK16 system.
Posted By: RRino Re: dock-n-talk compatibility - 11/13/08 11:29 AM
So connect your butt-set in between the DNT and the RCOU card, then take a call on the cell and see if the DNT still is sending ring voltage to the RCOU after the call is answered.
Posted By: newtecky Re: dock-n-talk compatibility - 11/18/08 01:03 AM
During new system installs, I would test incoming calls to the CIX. I would often hangup the call after I hear the first ring, but I hear the Toshiba phones ring at least 1 more time (beyond the current ring cycle).
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help