atcomsystems.ca/forum
Our phone system is a CIX v AR5.20 with Stratagy DK 424i, with a combination of IP and digital sets. Inbound lines are 11 analog loops from a T1 concentrator thingy; the 11 lines are configured to hunt OK.

For quite some time it's been possible to forward extensions to cell phones via:

#6011 9 [cellnumber] #

However, there's a very annoying trend where forwarded calls often roll back to the auto-attendant. We just upgraded from the legacy CTX 100 to a new CPU board (I guess now we're a CIX?) and MOST programmed features worked fine. I wasn't watching when the tech did his thing, so it's feasible something slipped under the radar.

I can't duplicate this reliably, but seem to have narrowed it down a bit:

- If I dial our main line from an on-site extension ("out" then back "in"), the forwarding works consistently.
- If I dial our main line from a cell phone and dial the forwarded extension, it will "sometimes" forward. Even repeated attempts on the same extension will forward inconsistently.

I realize that dialing into our main number then being forwarded out is using two trunks; if there's a way around this I'd appreciate advice.

I noticed that 6 of 11 trunk lines are configured with Release Supervision "Not Received"; the others are "Received". Is it likely this setting is causing the problem? Do I need to reboot anything if I made this setting change to test it?
It will be hit and miss on the 11 analog trunks.

I've seen where 100 or so calls work, but that one call that is important fails and the customer wants to rip the phone system out.

If you have 11 trunks in the system, why not get a PRI instead. The break even point is close to that...
So the auto attendant answers first, then you dial the extension you want and the auto attendant transfers you. And if the target extensions is call forwarded to an external number, your call should now ring the external number? Is this your situation?
Originally posted by phonemeister:
So the auto attendant answers first, then you dial the extension you want and the auto attendant transfers you. And if the target extensions is call forwarded to an external number, your call should now ring the external number? Is this your situation?
Yes: that's the expected behavior.

While watching the PBX during this, I see and hear the following:

• Relay "click" on the RCOU card.
  • Small red LED on the RCOU (indicates active inbound line I assume).
  • Stratagy IP answers, lights a green LED on the voicemail card.
  • Disk activity on the Stratagy while I hear the autoattendant greeting.
  • I dial the extension; autoattendant says "please hold while I try that extension."
  • Hear hold music for a few moments while the following happens.
  • See Stratagy green light go out; hear another relay click or two on the RCOU.
  • A second red LED lights for an active line on the RCOU very briefly, then it goes out.
  • Back to Stratagy IP answering with the main autoattendant menu.

It's acting as if there are no empty lines available, but during this test 30 minutes ago I had at least 5 open trunks.

Further: I dialed a voicemail box which was directed to an outside line (9,number): the same events happened. This is why I'm suspecting something awry with the line groups or trunks rather than the digital phone set.
Is there an H after the extension number in the extension field of the mailbox?
No, just the number. It has worked in the past without the H.

Maybe the upgrade from CTX100 to the CIX board added "features"?
Put the H in there and try it.
agreed.. the blind transfer should fix it
How do I make a "call forward external" do a blind transfer? This is about #6011 not working consistently.

Any thoughts on what it would cost hardware-wise to switch to a PRI? Does this mean pulling the RCOU cards and installing a single T1 card of some sort?
The blind transfer refers to the voicemail. Put an H after the extension number in the mailbox.
You could always try and program a CF-ALL button and try forwarding that way but I doubt it will make much of a difference. I think the problem here could be how the CIX is dialing out. Its hitting the 9 and the cell number without any pause in between and I dont think there is a way to enter pauses in there. With CO's its gonna be hit and miss that way. Upgrading to a PRI is just as you described, pulling out the RCOU cards and installing an BPTU.
Pauses! I think you may have something there... OK, here's what I'll try:

#6011 9*1<10-digitnumber>

The * means pause, the 1 = one second pause.

I wonder if the new CPU upgrade (CTX to CIX) is making it dial "faster" now, requiring the pause.
I use that feature all the time on my CIX and never needed a pause (of course thats not to say you don't)

#6011 9 {phone number} # (don't forget the # sign)
If 9 is LCR, put the pause in LCR programming.
Ah there you go, I think phonemeister got it, put the pause in LCR. Does the * symbol do a pause or does it just try to dial a *?
You can use the * in speed dial as a pause, eg. *2 is 2 seconds. Btw, a ** equals a * and a *# equals a #. In LCR, you would use P for pause, eg. P2 is a 2 second pause. I still think the OP should make voicemail perform a blind transfer before making changes to LCR.
So that works even for the call fwd codes? ex. #6011 9 * 5551212#. The star there would be a pause?
Voicemail blind transfer works OK; offsite forwarding has worked with and without the "H" character in the voicemail box.

What program number has LCR digits (using eManager)? Or what's the name of the particular feature? The LCR wizard seems like overkill since everything else is working well.
No dont do the wizard, just go into the individual program number related to LCR. There is one parameter where you can "add leading digits", thats where you want to try the pause(s). Sorry I dont know the actual program number.
where did all of the LCR come from are you even using LCR?

i just programmed a 670 to do the exact same thing only with a PRI.

i made a one touch key on each of the phones and a cancel key as well so the customer didnt have to remember all the codes.

on the forward key i set it up FK01#60119XXXXXXX# and then to cancel i have FK01#6051 and i have no problems at all.
I wouldn't use one-touch keys for external forwarding. I would use a CF-ALL button instead. It's only one button instead of two and it toggles on and off with an LED indicator.
Originally posted by RRino:
So that works even for the call fwd codes? ex. #6011 9 * 5551212#. The star there would be a pause?
Just so someone later does not use this example, the * can be used for a pause but how long?

*1 is one second, *2 is two seconds, you need a digit beyond the * when used as a pause.

You also use ** when you want to send a *.

For instance if you wanted to unblock Caller Id AND put a pause in a certain speed dial bin for 1-800-555-9999, you would put in:
* * 8 2 * 1 1 8 0 0 5 5 5 9 9 9 9. It dials a * then the *82 string, then waits one second, then dials the 11 digits.

If you just wanted to insert a pause in a Dial 9 speed dial bin where it took a while for a Centrex line to actually be ready to dial:
9 * 2 1 800 555 1212. Dials 9, waits two seconds to be sure of a line seizure, dials the number.
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help