atcomsystems.ca/forum
Hey Phone-Tech Wizards,

I'm trying to connect to our Strata CIX equipment to add a couple users to the Pick-up pool but can't connect. I can login to the Strata software, I can see our Strata CIX/CTX Network folder and CIX/CTX Strata CIX host there but the name is ghosted. When I try to connect just the same I get a "Fail to connect to CA xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"(The IP of the device). "No Response from device."

The Open SQL server service is running in the system tray and when opened reports that it is "Running" but I can't connect. I refreshed & stopped & restarted the services, still doesn't work.

Please help. Our Phone providers are overwhelmed and our primary tech took vacation to Vegas.
Can you ping the CIX? If you can ping but cannot connect, try recycling the power on the CIX because the NIC may have "locked up". But you will have to shutdown voicemail first if you have an iES16/32.
Yes, I can ping the destination IP, successfully. As for having an iES16/32. Yes we have IES16 installed in slot S105. Thank God, shutdown procedure is included on sticker on front of unit, with similar warning.

Thank you. I'll give it a try.
God Bless you "Phonemeister". Your solution worked perfectly. The system responded immediately after this special reboot procedure and continues to do so. Thank you for your quick response. Your a lifesaver.
Make sure and upgrade your system software when you get a chance then, it will prevent this scenario from happening again.
Get your CIX system software upgraded to R5.20 MT014(latest release) and that will not happen.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help