atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: cix noob CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/22/08 03:05 PM
I have a 670 with a bctu/bexu (292 ports) and im using a BPTU with 23 voice and 1 D channel. my customer has a block of 80 #'s and 63 pdn's (not including PhDN's and 1 RSTU and a 8 port V/M. Here is my problem when i dial there DID it rings to there PDN but after 5 rings instead of going to there V/M box it goes to there main greeting on all phones. here is where it gets tricky, if i go to "some" phone's maybe 12 out of all of them and dial 550 (which is my multi. call group)it goes straight into there mailbox and prompts for a security code, but on all other phones it also goes to there main greeting. even if i dial there EXT. after the V/M picks up it will ring 5 times and then go right back to the main greeting. i have all VMID codes set up in station assignments (ex: PDN 203 the VMID is 203) and its the same on all the phones. Last night when i programed the system everything worked. i would call their DID and their V/M would answer. then i set up all of the other phones, submitted and left the site (without testing again) and now this morning nothing is working as far as dialing their DID and their V/M box picking up the call. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang:
Please post in paragraphs, more than one, much easier to read.

For whatever reason, the DID ringing the phone is not being call forwarded, that is why you are getting the main greeting.

Try one extension, if you just ring the 3 digit extension, does it forward to the extension's voicemail box? If not, the DID won't forward either.

Did you do any copying of extensions, maybe from one that wasn't done right? Look at the individual extension and see where they are forwarded.

This is why you test. On Thursday night we started a job at 5 PM not knowing the owner's mother was in town and would have liked to go home instead of waiting for us to take out an old Partner.

Yes, we left at 11 PM and the system worked but they were wanting to go home so bad we didn't test the fax and the credit card machine and of course the ass who installed the system put everything through the Partner and we were back there the next day fixing the fax line and the CC line.

TEST, TEST, Just like we didn't do on Thursday because they wanted to go home so bad, TEST, TEST.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/22/08 10:23 PM
Might have something to do with the day and night modes. You said it worked when you tested at night but in the morning it didn't work. Also check the system call forward template(s).
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 08:56 AM
system only has one mode as far as day and night. well that i programmed anyway not sure if it sets a night mode for ringing as default. but ill check.

as far as the scf you cant copy that when your copying set's because all of the ext. would have the same vmid and all go to that person's mailbox. so i did all of the vmid codes seperate.

when i dial there 3 digit ext. from there phone some ( about 8-12 out of about 60) phones prompts for a security code for v/m and others go to main greeting.

all are set the same way with same scf temp. 1 and there ext. # as there vmid.

has anyone ran into anything like this before?? how can something only work half way?

on the phones that i CAN dial there ext. and it goes to there v/m, i dial there DID and it goes to the v/m's main greeting as well???

any other thoughts???
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 09:01 AM
o and my scf is 550 for every day mode even tho im not using anything but DID's.

internal= 550 day immediate ring

DID= 550 day mode, immediate ring

co's= 550 day mode, immediate ring

etc.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 12:38 PM
Have you use the VMID wizard on all the extensions? That is far easier then programming each VMID individually. So if each phone is programed with the VM pilot and VMID then they should all either work or not.

What is you integration SMDI or DTMF? It sounds as if something is wrong with the integration.

Go to a phone that is working and call each voicemail port individually (not the pilot #)to make sure that each VM port is programmed correctly. Make sure it asks for a security code on each try.
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 03:21 PM
well i just got back from the site and i cant get it to work frown

i set the VMID codes for each ext. example: ext. 201 = VMID 201 and so on for every phone.

i'm using DTMF and all of the V/M ports work fine. my MCG is 550 and members are 272-279 calling the ports themselves also works fine.

in my MCG i have each port programmed for immediate ring for all calls (co's, DID, internal, and so on for all types of calls)

only on some phones will the ext's V/M box pick up the rest when you call 201 and press 1 it goes to the companies main greeting.

on the phones that do work if i dial 550 it prompts me for the security code so the internal transfer is working but even on those phones if i dial the DID that rings that phone and that phone alone it still goes the the main greeting.

so i dont know what to do now i am at a big time road block and this is the last thing i need to do to be finished with this install.

but as i said before the first time i programmed it and tested it on a few phones it did work now i get nothing.
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 03:32 PM
if it wouldnt be such a big system i would just default it and start over but as the company is up and running now that isnt as option.

everything else works fine i have it set up to forward external to there cell phones by pressing a one touch key and then another one touch to cancel.

got there main line xxxx pointed to a phdn so they can forward there calls to their answering service at night.

all DID's are ringing the phones that they are wanting them to ring at ( pdn 200's DID is 0200 and so on for all 64 phones) and DID's pointed at all 12 fax machines.

both DSS consoles are programmed and working fine.

caller id is working fine, and all incoming and outgoing calls are going through with no problems.

all i have left is this one issue with the V/M (DID's not getting answered by the V/M box of the user for that DID number, and all but a couple of phones V/M boxes wont even pick up a call if i dial the pilot # and then there ext.#)
Do you have the same number of PDNs on each phone? How many, one, two, ???

Make a list of extensions, who does and who doesn't forward to an individual box instead of the main greeting so you have some info to go with.

Do you have anything set up as phantoms?

Make a list of the people who forward to cell phones.

Is there any correlation between the people who have cell phone call forwarding and the ability to hit a voicemail box? Do the ones that forward to vm correctly NOT have cell phone forwarding?

Look at the extension templates on one that correctly forwards to VM and copy down every field, then compare it slowly and carefully to one extension that doesn't work.

There has to be some obvious correlation if you list everything out as some of them work fine. Sometimes you just have to copy every single item down and match it s l o w l y and c a r e f u l l y.

When you've done something ten times it is much easier to pass by a crucial difference because your brain is sure that is not it as you've looked there ten times. Odds are if you create your lists and carefully comb through them looking for similarities and differences you will find what you missed. It happens to the best of us, that is why the board is here.
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 05:54 PM
yes i agree and i will do that in the morning it has to be some small thing that i missed.

but the only thing that is happening to all ext's is that the DID's are not forwarding to the person's personal mailbox.

in the DID assignments i have it set to dialing digits and then digits as the person's ext.# so that is why the call is ringing to the right ext.

really the only problem with looking all ext's is that none of them are going to anyone's V/M box when there DID rings 5 times. instead it is going to the main greeting.

if anyone knows from looking at my post's in this thread what i am doing wrong please let me know.

i have set up many PRI's on DK systems and never had a problem, but this is my first PRI on a CIX and i am doing something wrong. i know it is a minor mistake because everything is working fine.

i only have one phdn at this time and it is for there main number that they wanted to convert to one of the #'s comming across the PRI. i am pointing that DID to that phdn (400) and i have it on ext. 200 which is its owner so they can forward it to there answering service at night.

all phones in the building have the external call forward enabled even the few phones that if i dial there ext and press 1 after ( dial 203 then hit 1) there personal V/M box will answer.

so i really do not know where to go from here that is why i am posting this so that maybe someone will see what i am doing wrong are what step im missing.

thank you for all you reply's thus far and like you said i will look at each ext. very carfully and try and see what is wrong. but like i said above none of them forward to V/M when there DID is called it just goes to the companies main greeting and if i dial there ext after that it goes right back to the main greeting.

the only way that a few phones personal V/M box answer's is if i hit intercom and dial there ext. then hit 1
Posted By: Voyager Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 06:10 PM
Why are the VM ports in a MCG? They should be in a distributed hunt group.

If the extensions are set for voice first, you WILL have to dial a '1' after the ext. for it to ring to go to VM.

PM Sent
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 07:02 PM
just to let you know i am using a DK card as my V/M does this change anything??
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 08:04 PM
Voyager makes a good point. Did you really put the vm ports in an mcg?
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 08:13 PM
yes but im going to do away with the MCG and put them in a dist. hunt grp.

do you think that is what my problem is? because just because there in a MCG the v/m still picks up the calls.

and in the MCG fields there is a place to enter a SCF temp. but i'm not trying to act like i know best im just asking??

also i am using a DK card (8 ports) in this cix 670 will this be a problem?? sorry for not saying this earlier i didnt think it was a problem

are do you think taking my v/m ports out of the mcg and putting them in a hunt grp will solve my problems? again thanks to all for the help and i hope i can return the favor soon
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 08:18 PM
The VM ports should be in a hunt group for any type, not an MCG.

If you dial a DID and the extension rings, then I would say that the PRI is programed corretly. If the call goes to the voicemail system, then I would guess SCF is correctly set.

If it was me I'd focus on the VM.

>"if i dial there ext after that it goes right back to the main greeting."

Did you mean that it rang the extension first, then went to the main greeting?
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 08:45 PM
yes

rings for 5 rings as programmed to do but instead of going to there personal mailbox it goes to the main greeting

and i do have there vmid set with the mailbox for that ext ( ext 202 = vmid 202)
Just to be clear:

On SOME phones, an intercom call not answered will go to voicemail and you can leave a message.

On SOME phones, a DID call not answered will go to voicemail and you can leave a message.

When the call goes to voicemail, the caller has the option of leaving a message or being forwarded to a cell phone.

OR

Someone pushes a preset forwarding button on the phone and the call goes to a users cell phone INSTEAD of to voicemail?

This is all a bit confusing as we are not on-site and didn't watch you program.
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 10:12 PM
ok here is my problem; i have about 64 phones on a cix 670 with a bctu/bexu and have a bptu with 23 voice and one D channel.

i have set all of the DID's to the phones that i need them to ring at and they are ringing just fine.

i have all of my vmid codes set up right ( ext 201 = vmid 201) and all of my v/m boxes in the DK card are set for blind transfer (H)

if i call there DID it will ring the phone 5 times but instead of going to there personal v/m box it goes to there main greeting ( and i have my SCF set up for immediate ring in day mode for DID's, Internal, and so on for all modes using temp. 1 and it is active)

even after calling the DID and the main greeting answers and i dial there ext from the V/M it will do the same; ring 5 times and then go right back to the main greeting.

only if i dial intercom 202 then press 1 (phone rings 5 times) then the persons personal mailbox will answer, and its only on a few phones.

i have copied all of the info on one of the phones that does work and sent it to all of the others but all i still get is the ability to dial intercom xxx then press 1 (phone rings 5 times) then the persons personal mailbox answers.

im using a DK card does this matter? as toshiba systems are supposed to be backwards compatable i wouldn't think that would stop it from working.

thank you in advance, Mike
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 10:14 PM
the cell option is just a button i have on there phones (fb01#9xxxxxxx#) x = cell number. and that works great on all phones so for that im not using the V/M at all.
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/23/08 10:18 PM
also im using a MCG instead of a hunt grp for the V/M. but if i dial 550 which is my pilot number for my MCG from one phone the v/m answers and while it is talking i can dial 550 from another phone and i get the next port on the v/m and so on for all 8 ports
Posted By: Voyager Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/24/08 08:00 AM
Remember an MCG rings multiple stations at the same time. Even with 3 modes, immediate, delay1 and delay2, you have 8 ports. The math doesn't work.

A distributed hunt group will distribute the calls across all 8 ports evenly. Also make sure VOICEM MAIL DATA programs are correct.

I have had issues with putting a DK Card in a CIX. They don't seem to play well together. I would highly recommend upgrading them to at least an IVP8!
Posted By: RRino Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/24/08 08:08 AM
Your vm ports need to be in a distributed hunt group. You defenitely need to change that. Then I would go back and rebuild your SCF template, be sure to hit the "activate" button when you are done. Also rebuild the vm integration, I dont think you said what type of integration you are using. The Contact DK vm is compatible so thats not the issue. You also said that some phones, when dialing vm get prompted for a password and some dont. Go to one that does work correctly and dial each vm port indvidually. You may have some of your vm ports set up incorrectly and this will point that out to you.
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/24/08 07:42 PM
k i just got home so sorry for the late update. again thank you for all your help with my problem.

rebuilt alot of things in the CIX. now using a distrubuted hunt grp and not a MCG.

all phones when you go to them and dial 550 the pilot number for the hunt grp prompt for a password.

but still have the same issue when i call there DID; its going to there main greeting and not to there personal mailbox.

so before i ask my customer to pay another $1,500 for a IVP8 do we all agree that the DK card will NOT work on the 670? i tried to change the V/M in tools to work with a CIX670ES but didnt seem to make a difference.

this is my only problem left all phones go straight to there V/M boxes when i dial 550 from them are if i dial there ext. and then press 1. so again the problem is just the DID's not forwarding to the V/M.

since i was so late over there i didnt wanna call you since your an hour ahead of me, but i might need to call you tomorrow if that is ok please reply to my other email address thanks to all!!
Using a non-Toshiba voicemail shouldn't matter at all in this instance, the call is ringing the set and being forwarded to voicemail. The call is hitting the voicemail.

The DID call is hitting the voicemail without the proper forwarding info, that is the crucial lack.

I think we are all scratching our heads on this one.

What release software is this?
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/24/08 08:53 PM
3.? im not sure i can write it down and post it tomorrow but i know it is 3.26 are something like that i know its not 4 ( the cix right?) the v/m's release i have no idea its a stratagy DK card with the old hard drive it's not a CF
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/24/08 08:55 PM
my customer told me today if buying a new v/m (IVP8) will solve my problems then they will buy it but i dont want to waste there money

plus i would really look like an azz if they did buy it and i still had the same problem lol
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/24/08 09:24 PM
Does anyone know if the Integration string on a DK VM is differnt then another Stratagy VM? I know the 91 and 92 are default string. I see that it does ask for PW so the 92 string should be ok.

Only worked on 2 DK VMs ever, and then not that much.

The part that I'm wordering is why a CF from another extension would hit the VM box, but a call from the outside does not.

The only thing I remember being differnt between internal and extenal is the SCF. But since it does go to Voicemail I would think it is correct.

Each DN has the VM pilot number (550) and the number is also in voicemai data.

Each DID has the destination of the DN, and VMID is just left blank.
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/24/08 09:52 PM
no i have the VMID codes set as the person's ext # and a SCF is just what it means i guess so it should work across the whole system so if i have it set for DID calls it should be working right?

"the only thing I remember being differnt between internal and external is the SCF"

what do you mean by that should i make another template for for external calls?
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/24/08 10:19 PM
In the DID assignments field 15 is generally blank if the DID targets a PDN, but try putting the extension number in this field and see if it helps.
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/24/08 10:31 PM
at this time i do have the ext in that field but i've tried with and without neither makes a difference.

also my primary clock source i have set to 020501 which is where my PRI card is, but again i have put no data and it doesn't make a difference the system works the same with are without.

another thing is should i be set to master are slave, once again ive tried both and again makes no difference system works the same either way. so what are the programms for if it dosen't change the way the system acts???
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/24/08 10:31 PM
at this time i do have the ext in that field but i've tried with and without neither makes a difference.

also my primary clock source i have set to 020501 which is where my PRI card is, but again i have put no data and it doesn't make a difference the system works the same with are without.

another thing is should i be set to master are slave, once again ive tried both and again makes no difference system works the same either way. so what are the programms for if it dosen't change the way the system acts???
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/24/08 10:33 PM
also back to my DID's not forwarding to the personal mailbox. is that a V/M problem are a CIX issue??
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/25/08 07:31 AM
Originally posted by cix noob:

what do you mean by that should i make another template for for external calls?
No, I just meant that there is an entry based on if it an internal call or DID, TIE, etc, so if the calls were not fowarding to voicemail then I'd look there, but since they are it should be good. I just meant that if you call an extension from another extension and it goes to the correct VM box, then calling from the outside through a DID should not make a difference to the voicemail.

I just looked up the manual for a Contact-DK. The integration code it uses is "#" and "*", not 91 or 92. According to the manual the #656 code (for a Strata DK) is #636-#-NNN-Redial. The #657 code is #657-*-EXT-Redial. So you would have to change the 91 to a # and the 92 to a * in the voicamail data if that is the voicemail you are using.
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/25/08 08:53 AM
i was talking about when you said this.

"The only thing I remember being differnt between internal and extenal is the SCF"

what did you mean by that, is there something different about internal and external calls that would require a different setup in SCF??
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/25/08 06:45 PM
well i was at the site again today and just to try it out i changed the destination digits in the SCF temp. (1)

i set it to forward to ext. 207 which is one of the two phones in the data room. i then called ext. 228's DID after it forwarded it started ringing ext. 207 with no problems.

so since the system is sending DTMF digits to the V/M what might my problem be?

as i posted b4 everything else is working fine. if i go to ANY phone in the building and dial 550 (hunt grp. pilot #) it prompts me for a password for the V/M.

still looking for an answer are atleast a clue smile
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/25/08 07:14 PM
Like I said previously, I'm pretty sure it is the integration pattern with the DK. The manual I looked at said that the RNA code is a "#", not 91 like the Statagy VM systems.
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/25/08 07:22 PM
so it does seem to be a intergration problem between the DK Card and the CIX
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/25/08 07:23 PM
and not a programm issue on my part??
Lets double check here, you have a hard drive TOSHIBA DK voice mail card, NOT a Teleco Contact DK voice mail card, and you are positive you know the difference, right?

For a test, can you take ringing for one line off the receptionist or voice mail, assign it to one phone that does not forward correctly and see if that one line does a correct call forward/no answer to the correct vm box and not the main greeting?

If only PRi lines, can you bring in any small system that has analog output to an incoming RCOU or BCOU and test to see if it forwards correctly but a DID does not?

Is this a total new install?

Did you clear ALL memory?

Did you do any button call forwarding?

Could there be any stored call forwarding from a previous use of this processor?

Can you do a button cancel all call forwarding, do a laptop removal of all call forwarding, power down, power up, do a laptop call forwarding and do a DID cf/na test?

Did anyone help you program? Some tech who would have TRIED to help?
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/25/08 10:41 PM
yes been doing shiba for 11 years so i know the difference between contact flash and stratagy DK.

there are no POTS line's in the building all PRI.

yes total new install batt. was in the off pos. when i got the BCTU. deleted the SCF that i built and rebuilt it.

everything forwards except the DID's to V/M. if i input new data in the SCF to point the DID's to forward to an ext. in day (only mode set up) it will ring that DN.

when i deleted the SCF that i set up i did forward one of the phones manually to 550 (V/M pilot #) and still got the same result.

i did have some help over the phone after the DID's would not forward right but it didn't help tho i was very thankful for the help just as i'm thankful to all of you for your help!! smile

if anyone can tell me for sure that you have had personal exp. with installing a DK card (with HD) in a CIX 670 that was using a PRI only for incomming and outgoing calls please tell me if you got it to work are did you have to install a IVP8 are greater??

again thank you all very much for the support on this topic. i do try the things that are suggested. i do not know it all by any means
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/25/08 10:51 PM
one more thing if i call the DID and the V/M answers instead of there personal mailbox the main greeting plays.

now after that i can enter that person's ext and it will go to there personal mailbox, so it is just the DID's that dont drop into the DN's personal box.

just thought i'd add that if it made a difference to anyone. Goodnight all i'll check back in tomorrow.
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/25/08 11:28 PM
Originally posted by cix noob:
yes been doing shiba for 11 years so i know the difference between contact flash and stratagy DK.

My bad. You know it much better then I do. I work primary on the CTX/CIX line, which is where I started on Toshiba, and I only on legacy systems when I have too. I have worked on a couple Contact DKs in a DK 40 (along with the usual assortments of Amandas and Flash). I remember it was quite a bit different from the Toshiba products.

Come to think of it, I don't think I have seen a Toshiba DK in operation. We have 1 or 2 at our office.

It just seems odd because usually when the voicemail is up and working, the DIDs to exts always work correctly also.

I've put newer Toshiba VMs into old systems, but never old VMs into new systems.
This would come under the "Rube Goldberg" type of solution IF and that is IF it works.

Try putting a phantom, 500 or whatever, on one phone that does not forward correctly to the vm box but to the general greeting.

Have that phone's DID ring the Phantom.

Hit the Phantom button on the phone and do a call forward no answer to voicemail.

At the very least you will see if there is a difference in forwarding between a ringing DID and a ringing Phantom.

I would not go this route but a bunch of us are really scratching our heads for SOME solution and I believe we all feel your frustration and hope to find SOME solution that will make your customer whole and let you finish this job.
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/26/08 07:51 AM
if it does go to V/M from the PhDN then what would that tell me? which piece of equipment isnt either programmed right are isnt working right?

i do see what your saying and that is a great troubleshooting idea, i will try it and post the results.

Newtecky i wasn't being a butt i'm sure you know reading something typed and hearing someone say it can have a totaly different meaning.

i was only saying yes i do know the difference, and that i have programmed many shiba's and in fact programmed this one up until this point with no problem smile
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/26/08 09:35 AM
Try backing up the database to the SM/SD card and re-initializing the processor with the SM/SD card installed.
Posted By: RRino Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 11/26/08 10:05 AM
Or you could try doin a PRGRESCUE with a fresh DB back-up and a fresh software download.
Posted By: cix noob Re: CIX with PRI DID's not going to V/M - 12/05/08 07:47 PM
just to update and finish this thread i have found my problem and all is fine.

in pro. 309 i took out the data in fields 11 and 15 and left them blank with no VMID and everything works fine

thanks for all the input. Also i am starting a new thread about remote maintance!!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help