atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Michael M DKAdmin Hardware Key Help - 11/25/08 08:41 AM
Ok from what I have read on here others have had this problem, but I lost my hardware key.. I know it's in a box somewhere but I just cannot find it. I read that 4.3.3 doesnt need a key so I installed that but I still get the same error.

Or rather if I run the shortcut the program installs I get a windows error of :

16 Bit MS-DOS Subsystem
DkiAdmin
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction
CS:9196 IP:0002 OP:0f 00 00 00 00 'Choose Close to Terminate this application'

I am running XP SP3, but I have tried running this in compatibility mode.

If I instead run DKADMAP.exe manually I get the familiar hardware key is not installed error..

Any suggestions here? I do not want to go buy a new key only to find there was a simple solution that did not involve spending hundreds of dollars to replace a key I already own.
Posted By: scot43 Re: DKAdmin Hardware Key Help - 11/25/08 03:34 PM
do you know if you have the sentinel driver installed on the PC?
Posted By: Voyager Re: DKAdmin Hardware Key Help - 11/26/08 04:53 AM
There is a newer version of 4.3.3 that does not require the key. You need to download it from FYI (if you are a dealer) and install it. You can't just run the old 4.3.3 without the key.
Posted By: Michael M Re: DKAdmin Hardware Key Help - 11/26/08 08:23 AM
I'm not a dealer.. I assume a dealer can get me the updated one though? I actually bought the key I lost through a dealer here in town.. So they know I am not lying about paying for it lol.
Posted By: Voyager Re: DKAdmin Hardware Key Help - 11/26/08 09:29 AM
If he is an authorized dealer he has access to the FYI dealer site.
Posted By: Michael M Re: DKAdmin Hardware Key Help - 11/26/08 01:37 PM
Yep he got me taken care of, I even got an e-mail back from Toshiba which was highly unexpected.. I sent an inquiry through their website but I've never had a company bother replying. I definately can't complain about Toshiba!

Guys I use here in Indiana are Commworld, they've always taken great care of me!
Posted By: Voyager Re: DKAdmin Hardware Key Help - 11/26/08 03:16 PM
I'm glad you followed up. Good Luck.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help