atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mpierce Toshiba DK424 programming questions - 12/05/08 03:31 PM
I am newly trying to program a legacy toshiba dk424 (dksub424a and dksue424a) that I don't have much info on. I have the basic manual, which tells me how to change display names, etc. and I've got most of that down. I want to set up a dial by name directory, which isn't covered in the manual. Also, is there any software options for administering this phone system? Any help is appreciated. I know this post is a bit general, but it's my first one, so bear with me.
Posted By: vad60 Re: Toshiba DK424 programming questions - 12/05/08 04:59 PM
Are you talking about name directory in the VM or system? You can go on Freemanuals.com and download Programming manual for DK424a. All programming can be done from port 005 on 20 button display phone.
Posted By: Voyager Re: Toshiba DK424 programming questions - 12/06/08 04:24 AM
Dial by Name is a function of the Voice Mail system. Does your system have voice mail? If so, which one?

There is a software solution for programming the 424. It is called DKiAdmin, but you will need a RSIU, PIOU or PIOUS card in order to connect.
The freemanuals.com site is suspended, don't know why, never heard of it before.
Posted By: Voyager Re: Toshiba DK424 programming questions - 12/07/08 06:14 PM
Click on the Manuals link at the top of this page.
Posted By: mpierce Re: Toshiba DK424 programming questions - 12/08/08 07:35 AM
From what I can tell, our voicemail system is 'Strategy'. There is no computer hooked up to the main phone box. How do I get into the programming options for the voicemail system?
Posted By: Voyager Re: Toshiba DK424 programming questions - 12/08/08 09:39 AM
You need the Stratagy Admin program which is available to Toshiba Dealers. If I were you, I would contact my local Toshiba dealer.
A really good idea would be to call a dealer and tell them you want training on maintaining your own system.

You might find some who laugh at you but most probably you will find some nice kind agreeable Toshiba dealer who will charge you to load the software in your computer and teach you how to do it.

It is not illegal or immoral for a a dealer to teach an end user to administer his/her own system. You can really muck it up badly with NO training. Far better to pay for an hour or two and know what you are doing than to go it totally alone from the start.

Many people are smart enough to do their own once they get an hour or two under their belt and then too after a half hour you may want to have someone else do it. It all depends on your learning curve and the ability of a tech to teach you. Not all great techs are great teachers.
Posted By: mpierce Re: Toshiba DK424 programming questions - 12/09/08 08:51 AM
Thanks to all for the input. I decided to schedule a tech to come out for two hours and give me some training.

Thanks again!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help