atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MacOSX CIX 40 - CTX 28 MOH - 12/07/08 02:29 PM
Well...

I have gotten different answers at every turn.

The question is :
Are you able to use the analog port(s) on a CIX40/CTX28 for MOH input, as you can on a 100/670/etc.?

Our salesman called the Toshiba Help Desk and they said "Yes".
I got on site and could not do it.
Toshiba tech support then said "No".
My boss (one of the owners) looked in the manual, and it said "Yes"

I have not looked in the manual myself, as I had other priorities to tend to. I am going to, but until then... anyone else have a certain answer?

----

I was working on a CIX40 and from what I experimented with myself, it was either working or not with the processor MOH input. I could enable or disable it and that's all.

Thanks all!
From the CIX 40 Install manual…

Music-on-hold/Background Music Interface
One 600-ohm RCA jack is provided on the processor to interface with Music-on-Hold (MOH) and/or BGM sources. With the CIX40 you can have up to three MOH/BGM source interfaces.

The CIX40 Standard Telephone interfaces can be used to provide up to two MOH/BGM input sources
in addition to the processor MOH/BGM interface.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: CIX 40 - CTX 28 MOH - 12/07/08 09:42 PM
Thanks OBHHB!

Well, that confirms the manual part... now why the heck would Tech Support tell me "No", right away? Grrrr....

Well, I will troubleshoot this more next week.

Thanks!
Posted By: p2ii Re: CIX 40 - CTX 28 MOH - 12/08/08 06:13 AM
Originally posted by MacOSX:
Thanks OBHHB!

Well, that confirms the manual part... now why the heck would Tech Support tell me "No", right away? Grrrr....

Well, I will troubleshoot this more next week.

Thanks!
Maybe they said that because they already know what you may be finding out...it doesn't work.
Despite what the manual says.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: CIX 40 - CTX 28 MOH - 12/08/08 08:11 PM
Ahhh... really...

So, let me get this straight.

1. The manual does say "Yes".
2. It does not work on either 28 or 40.

Why would this slip past beta testing and make the manual?!
Wow.

I may give TS a call the next time I work on it, just to get a full explanation.

Thanks all!
If you really, really need more than one MOH, try www.PageIndustries.net.

They make 3rd party gizmos for Toshiba systems and I know they had a gizmo where you fed dial tones into it and if I remember right you could have 16 different sources for 16 different lines.

On the old Tie 612 systems, you could tie a 600 ohm audio transformer to the lines and use a different MOH source. You might do a search under Tie or Nitsuko for 612 MOH and see what comes up.

There is a way, Trust the Old Blond Hippity Hopping Bunnie.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: CIX 40 - CTX 28 MOH - 12/09/08 03:39 AM
I appreciate the PI suggestion, and am aware of all the 3rd party gizmos via our connection with Sold On Hold (real quality company, by the way!)...

BUT

The entire point of this was trusting the Toshiba claims/specs, since that is what we sold the system based on (that we could use the analog port - and not buy a line/CO feed of MOH). Especially the help desk saying "Yes'...

If we absolutely 100% can't get it to work through the Toshiba, then we'll used SOH's gizmos (and they do have 'em all!)

Shameless plug : https://sohproductions.com/
smile
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help