atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Ryan Ward Auto-attendant - 12/12/08 06:28 AM
I have a couple of questions. Currently we only use a night ring, but we are getting rid of receptionsists answering the phones and want to use a completely automated system. I believe you specify qhich is the day and which is the night ring in emanager, is that correct?

Also currently when someone calls the message only plays once and then it hangs up, is there a way to make the message play several times? We are using Stratagy voicemail.
Posted By: p2ii Re: Auto-attendant - 12/12/08 06:36 AM
Whomever services your Stratagy can make those adjustments for you.
Posted By: RRino Re: Auto-attendant - 12/12/08 06:41 AM
You specify where you want your day/night modes to ring in eManager. You specify which greeting is playing for your day/night modes in stratagy admin. As for making the greeting play several times, the best way to go about that would be to prompt the caller if they want to hear it again, ex. "If you would like to hear this message again, press 1". You do not want to try making the greeting play over and over automatically, that will only create a "loop" in vm thus locking up ports.
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: Auto-attendant - 12/13/08 08:32 PM
If you want the customer to hear options more than once, I have had people record the main greeting as follows and you may or may not like it.

"Thank you for calling ABC Company. The options on this message will repeat two times. If you know your party's extension you may dial it at any time. BLAH BLAH BLAH. The options you are hearing will repeat one more time. For Sales dial one, BLAH BLAH BAH.This is the last time these options will be presented. For Sales dial one BLAH BLAH BLAH." Most of the people will not get to the second or third reading but some may.

It is one way of getting the instructions out there three times without the caller being required to do anything. I wouldn't recommend this approach for everyone, but if many callers are language challenged or the area population is not that swift, it may work for you.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Auto-attendant - 12/14/08 07:43 PM
The DOS based stratagy voicemail systems use 2 mailboxs, the "greeting" and the"instructions". I have seen the same greeting recorded in both mailbox which is basically playing it 2 times.

I wasn't sure if they did it intentionally. A lot of people have a hard time grasping the 2 greeting design.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help