atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: jc2it DR and CTX100 - 01/09/09 10:12 AM
I have several CTX100 and a CTX670.

I am trying to allow one user on a CTX100 to dial an international phone number from the US to the Netherlands.

All of the other phones are setup on DRL group 2, and this user is setup on DRL 1.

In WINADMIN --> SERVICES --> LCR/DR --> DESTINATION RESTRICTION I have choosen DRL 1 and set the table to Deny only 1900 numbers. I have verified this in the DR Table view.

HOWEVER the user (in another city/state) says that when they pickup the Phone select the PDN and dial 9 to get out they can dial 011 and on the second 1 the phone gives him a fast busy, and the LCD displays "CALL ABANDONED".

What have I missed when I made changes to this? I have read through the Manual on the CD-ROM for WinAdmin reguarding this section and it only tells you what programs to change. It does not describe the logic it is expecting.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: DR and CTX100 - 01/09/09 10:22 AM
Make sure your dial tone provider isn't blocking international calls
Posted By: jc2it Re: DR and CTX100 - 01/09/09 10:40 AM
I will check that, but it acts like the call did not even leave the telephone switch. I found in Program 117 a difference between the CTX100 and the CTX670. In that table XXX only had a total of 3 following digits. I removed this entry, and added 011 with 14 digits. I am waiting to try it.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: DR and CTX100 - 01/09/09 10:54 AM
I have a 100 in house let me try something
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: DR and CTX100 - 01/09/09 11:03 AM
I just set up DRL 1 to deny 1900 , I can access outside line and dial 011 with no problems. I also checked 117 and N11 is also set at 3
Posted By: p2ii Re: DR and CTX100 - 01/09/09 01:16 PM
The problem is most likely in your LCR. In LCR Assignment, check prog. 521 for analysis digits of "011". I bet that it's not there. Create it and match it to your "1NXX" pattern and you should be good to go.
Posted By: newtecky Re: DR and CTX100 - 01/09/09 06:09 PM
If DR is blocking the call it will say Dialing restrictions. For some reason the call is failing to go out on a PRI if you get a Call Abandon message.

It could be something wrong in LCR, or Telco is blocking.

You should be ok with a Deny DRL table with no entries (except the ones you want blocked).

If I were to test telco, I would create a new flexable access code to directly access the OLG. That would bypass LCR. If DR is turned off in the OLG setting then DRL wouldn't apply either. Then you can dial 011 and see if you can get out.

When Telco is blocking the call I usually think it plays a recorded message rather then the call failing.
Posted By: jc2it Re: DR and CTX100 - 01/12/09 01:40 PM
The problem was in the LCR. I removed the problem and now it works great.

Thanks guys for all your help.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help