atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Stratagy 6 VM - 02/16/09 09:04 AM
Does anyone knwo the make and model of the hard drive used for this VM? I have one where the hard drive is making lots of noise and the custoemer wants to explore replacing the hard drive only.

Thansks.

Amy
Posted By: Old blond hippity hopping Bunnie Re: Stratagy 6 VM - 02/16/09 10:53 AM
Try Index Trading, 724-335-1300 they seem to have everything for repairing Toshiba Voicemails.

Very friendly, not expensive, and I don't get any kickback, they just treated me very nice.
Posted By: freshfitz Re: Stratagy 6 VM - 02/17/09 01:34 PM
You should be able to use any hard drive, you will just have to partition it the same size as the original being the old os's can't read the size drives we have today. Throw the 2 new and old in usb enclosure and copy the partition. Make sure your using xp and not vista I've had problems with vista reading some old hard drives especially if they are a dos fat partition
Posted By: Dwight Re: Stratagy 6 VM - 02/17/09 02:10 PM
You could also look for a used Toshiba Stratagy Flash. They come in 2 or 4 port models and don't use a hard drive to wear out. If you do go with this solution, make sure you get the special com port cable and admin software. The prompts and administration is 99% the same as the Stratagy 6.
Dwight Jones
Exordium Consulting
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Stratagy 6 VM - 02/18/09 04:51 AM
As far as the cable a null modem cable will work just fine.
Posted By: Amy DeBruyne Re: Stratagy 6 VM - 02/24/09 12:47 PM
Thanks guys!

I have used Index Trading before - bought a ES48 from them to replace an old Stratagy 24 that crapped out. Tried replacing the hard drive in that - again bought from Index Trading - but that didn't work so replaced the whole thing!
Posted By: mj_wald Re: Stratagy 6 VM - 02/25/09 06:43 AM
The stratagy 6 is DOS based. DOS will not use a hard drive more than 32 gb. Find a small one. Last I knew tiger direct still sold 20 gb drives.
If you can not find one Seagate still has a clip jumper to cap the drive at 32 gb, you will have to look online for the settings. Dos will part the drive at a 2 gb max. The remaining space will be wasted.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help