atcomsystems.ca/forum
HELP! I downloaded the Automatic Updates lst night and installed them. Now when I start eManager I get this screen...

Server Error in '/eManager' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Failed to decrypt using provider 'RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider'. Error message from the provider: The RSA key container could not be opened.

Source Error:

Line 39: </GroupSection>
Line 40: <connectionStrings configProtectionProvider="RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider">
Line 41: <EncryptedData Type="https://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#Element"
Line 42: xmlns="https://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#">
Line 43: <EncryptionMethod Algorithm="https://www.w3.org/2001/04/xmlenc#tripledes-cbc" />

Source File: C:\eManager\web.config Line: 41

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

I think I'd like to uninstall the update for .NET Framework

I need it for an install on 4/1/09!!
It depends what ver.# you had to start with. At some point they changed SQL servers. I think its likely you will have to reinstall emanager.

Good Luck!
Were you using Network eManager or eManager?
XP Pro or Vista Ultimate?

The last time I got a similar error on XP Pro, it was the original install of NeM and Toshiba tech support had to remote into my laptop and remove old files that the "smart checker" didn't un-install.

Maybe try an un-install and reinstall of NeM5.20B03a - then tech support frown

I heard of a way to roll-back/remove the entire update on those pesky Windoze boxes - Windows Update Remover , but never used it myself
Thanks guys.

Using Network eManager, latest version. I'll try a re-install when I get in the office. If that doesn't work, I'll have to use Steve's PC for the install.
E-Manager failed on my laptop a few weeks ago, found that it no longer takes localhost. needed to replace localhost with 127.0.0.1 Works good now. Same issue you are having???
Why do they have to make eManager such a PIA? I cross my fingers every time I do an update. Hope you have a back-up of your DB.
Originally posted by RRino:
Why do they have to make eManager such a PIA?
Quoted for truth!!!
UnInstall and re-install. All is well. My database was preserved.

Thanks for all of your input.
Glad to hear it went well! Hope the on-site install did too!
Started it yesterday, going back tomorrow to finish. The cabling guys (CG's) have not even started cutting down the cables! We are way ahead of them.

They went and scheduled the PRI cut for 4 PM on a Friday !! Not happy.........
I ran into the same problem after an automatic OS update.

I was able to get eManager running again by following the following steps:

Goto C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
and run the foolowing commands to decrypt your web.config file

aspnet_regiis -pd "connectionStrings" -app "/MyApplication"

MyApplication must be replaced with your application folder, and copy encrypted web.config to inetpub\wwwroot path.

I was having this error because y wanted to re-encrypt one new file web.config.
I did it copying to inetpub\wwwroot my not encrypted file and also copying this file to inetpub\wwwroot\MyApplication
and encrypt the new file running this command:

aspnet_regiis -pe "connectionStrings" -app "/MyApplication"
You could try and run NeManager Utility and CheckerSigned and see if this cures the fault, It cured mine issues after aarecent update.
Cheers
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help