atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: spgs eManager v5.xxxx without SQL express ? - 05/29/09 09:35 PM
Can this be installed without having to use SQL Express, and to use a full SQL 2005 Server instead?

Thanks
Posted By: Dwight Re: eManager v5.xxxx without SQL express ? - 06/01/09 03:39 AM
I have never tried, it should work ok but I would try it on a PC that you could reinstall the Operating System and start over. Try installing all of the software while the computer is NOT part of any Windows Domain.

eManager has so many troubles getting installed properly in the first place that I would recommend against it.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: eManager v5.xxxx without SQL express ? - 06/01/09 06:19 AM
Same thoughts here. The install package is so specifically tweaked at this point, that I would install on a test system first, before you take this live anywhere.

Do the full SQL install, then try to install eManager. It should recognize the SQL install and make its pre-configured adjustments to that installation, without trying to install express. Let us know for sure.

Thanks!
Posted By: freshfitz Re: eManager v5.xxxx without SQL express ? - 06/09/09 07:26 AM
I don't think it can. I've had other sql express programs conflict with emanager. I believe emanager has a preset username and password for the database inside the install, so emanager would not be able to connect to the full sql express if that username and password is not on the database.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help