atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: CGTech Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/01/09 06:16 AM
Is it possible to transfer a trunk from one CIX system to another? I have one system with a PRI serving several other systems. I would like to have particular calls coming in to be transfered to another system and treated like a trunk on that other system so I can set all the same DID settings on that remote system like I can on the system with the PRI. I'm currently interconnected via MIPUs using StrataNet.

Is this a pipe dream or is there a way of doing this?
Posted By: red_ron Re: Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/01/09 07:05 AM
Yes it can be transferred "Blind Transfer". Or do you mean Terminate to the Remote Node making the DID ring as if it were terminated on the Primary Node.
Not really sure what your asking....
Posted By: newtecky Re: Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/01/09 07:40 AM
If I was going to guess, I would think this is related to the Night feature from his other post.

It sounds to me like if a call comes into Site "A" as a DID, he wants to sent the call accross the Qsig to Site B and show up like a trunk instead of it terminating to an extension, so Site B can set the routing based on DID.
Posted By: CGTech Re: Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/01/09 07:51 AM
Node 1 has 3 PRI cards.
Node 2 has no PRI cards.

I'd like to have an incoming call going into the PRI on Node 1 to be transferred to Node 2 and treated as if it were a trunk call. Basically, I want to control the call coming into Node 2 using the DID screen.

Basically what newtecky said. smile
Posted By: red_ron Re: Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/01/09 08:05 AM
You use the Term "Transferred", this means the call is answered by someone or the Auto Attendant and than transferred to a destination (Node 1).

If the PRI is in Node 1, Node 1 controls the call "Prg 309 DID". Node 2 has no control over the call using Prg 309 or the NT Key.
Posted By: CGTech Re: Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/01/09 08:24 AM
I'm not sure how to describe it. I guess what I mean is can Node 1 hand the call over to Node 2 so Node 2 can handle the call?

In my other post online I describe an issue where I need to control the Destination Dialing Digits of a DID coming in on Node 1 using the Night Mode/Transfer settings on Node 2. This is the only viable solution I can come up with.
Posted By: red_ron Re: Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/01/09 08:39 AM
The DID can be controlled via Node 1 NT Key (Day1/Day2/NT) to a "Destination" (DN/PhDN/Pilot) on Node 2. Node 2 NT key will have no effect on this type of call. The Call will ring the Target Destination as if it were a CO call.
Posted By: CGTech Re: Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/01/09 08:50 AM
Yeah, that's the problem, though. I know I can control it exactly how I want to from Node 1, but I don't have controls from Node 2 for the NT Key setting on Node 1.

This thread was to see if this possible "solution" I thought of was possible. newtecky mentions sending the call across QSig. I'm not familiar with how this might work. Maybe that would work with a CO line but not a DID? Forgive me I'm still a noob.
Posted By: red_ron Re: Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/01/09 08:56 AM
PM Sent
Posted By: Spike Re: Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/01/09 09:29 AM
Put a remote IP phone at the node two location and program it with whatever keys you need.
Posted By: CGTech Re: Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/01/09 10:41 AM
That actually is going to be the solution we're going to try... just to push a button. wink

Thanks for all the help guys!
Posted By: newtecky Re: Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/01/09 03:16 PM
There was already a thread about night key on a second node. Sorry I brought it up again. I was just restating what the OP said and took a guess of why.

At one site we sent calls from site A to the trunk of site B by setting the DID to 9(number) of site B. Problem is that every call takes up 2 trunks at site A and 1 trunk at site B. Not very cost effective.
Posted By: CGTech Re: Trunk Transfer between Systems - 10/05/09 02:31 PM
@newtecky: that would work if we were just transferring callings to that site's CO lines/PRI lines, but that site has no lines except for emergency lines. The only phone service provider access the site has is through Node 1's PRI.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help