atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MacOSX Toshiba CIX and Dialogic Brooktrout TR1034 - 10/21/09 07:24 AM
Has anyone ever interfaced the Dialogic Brooktrout TR1034 fax board with a Toshiba CIX series phone system?

We have a customer interested in doing so and we've never dealt with the Brooktrout product before.

Here is the Brooktrout page :
https://www.dialogic.com/products/tdm_boards/fax_boards/TR1034.htm

I am going to do some research myself, but any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!
laugh
Tony Burkhart
What type of interface, analg lines? I haven't connected that type of fax server to a Toshiba, but I have connected other fax servers to a CIX system before, with analog BSTU.
Posted By: p2ii Re: Toshiba CIX and Dialogic Brooktrout TR1034 - 10/21/09 05:13 PM
What kind of fax server are the boards being used in?

try this link fax integration

It's from the castelle site with a 424i but the basic setup would be the same for a CIX.
@newtecky + p2ii - T1/E1/IP interface.

They said it can accept T1, SIP, etc.

It is not an analog interface, as we would like. We have interfaced a 424 and analog ports going to RightFax and it works flawlessly, but never a T1/IP interface with CIX.

Again, thanks for the responses. I am looking for any information I can find. Doing an exhaustive google search tomorrow!
Posted By: p2ii Re: Toshiba CIX and Dialogic Brooktrout TR1034 - 10/22/09 05:56 PM
As long as you can find a way to pass DID(fax box) digits to the fax server it should work. I'm just trying to figure out how to pass them through the CIX. I take it the CIX is hosting the trunks.

I think Big Paul and I worked on this before and found no way to pass the digits from one T-1/PRI to another in the system. The CIX can't do analog station integration over a T-1.
That is exactly what they are wanting to do. The CIX has the PRI coming in, with the DID's for the fax number(s).

They want to hand off those DID's to the BrookTrout via T1/E1/IP interface. The only way I have figured out so far is via SIP. I wouldn't know where to begin with routing the number to the SIP card, from the PRI, via DID... just doesn't make sense to me.

They have 80 DID's for the fax server, so I thought that would justify a new ckt from the provider, which would interface directly with the BrookTrout. Also, they currently have around 60 DKT's with DID and 15 IP phones. So 75 users + 80 fax DID's is really pushing it in my opinion, although, they said there wouldn't be any traffic issues.
Posted By: p2ii Re: Toshiba CIX and Dialogic Brooktrout TR1034 - 10/23/09 06:12 PM
They really need to do it with analog dialogic cards hooked to bstu ports programmed as vm. This works quite well. We have it setup in the office on our CIX routed to the fax server.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help