atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: AndyK Megaco question - 11/30/09 06:49 AM
Hi all,

I have a remote IPT user on a CIX 670 who is using a Cisco PIX firewall to connect to the router via IPSEC VPN at the home office. I noticed that the IPT is sending pretty much constant MEGACO packets back and forth from the phone to the IPU. This adds extra traffic on our router. I was wondering if anyone knows if these packets can somehow be limited to transmit at lower intervals.

Thanks!

Andy
Posted By: RRino Re: Megaco question - 11/30/09 07:52 AM
I am far from an IPT expert. That being said, I believe those are just control packets being sent back and forth to make sure the CIX is still responding and vice versa. I cant believe they are taking up much bandwidth, especially if its just one IPT. Ive never really had much concern as to what was going on network wise, with an idle IPT so I can't really say what is normal.
Posted By: AndyK Re: Megaco question - 11/30/09 08:41 AM
Thanks. Yeah, I'm not sure what is normal either so I'm just seeing if anyone else knows. Bandwidth wise I'm sure it's small. I'm just trying to lower the amount of packets getting passed through the router per second. Wanted to see if there was a way to lower it's "need" to talk back and forth to the CIX.
Posted By: phonemeister Re: Megaco question - 11/30/09 09:36 AM
No way of doing that. It needs to constantly send and recieve packets to keep the phone's real-time functions like the time on the display, blf status, etc.
Posted By: AndyK Re: Megaco question - 11/30/09 11:20 AM
OK. Thanks.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help