atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MrWireless Need Help Installing eManager - 12/11/09 09:44 PM
First time on this or any forum. Hope I'm doing it right. I need help installing eManager. I recently replaced the company laptop. It has XP Pro installed, but I think it was sold new with Vista. I purchased it used from CDW. The program is installed on our server, so I can RDP into the server and make changes. I still want to install it on this laptop so i can just plug in and go, instead of using RDP. During the installation process I get a message telling me to un-install WinAdmin. I can not find that program anywhere on the laptop. Has anyone experienced the same thing... how did you solve it?
Posted By: newtecky Re: Need Help Installing eManager - 12/11/09 10:25 PM
If it was me I would just open up a web browser to http;//{IP or name of server}/emanager from your laptop. No need to RDP or install.

Does the message only mention winadmin? The install checks for winadmin and to make sure the PC is not part of a domain before it will let you continue. I don't know what file it would see. I've never ran into that issue yet.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Need Help Installing eManager - 12/12/09 08:36 AM
Hi MrWireless and welcome to the board!

That is the "smart checker" looking for the old version of WinAdmin to remove files. Click "okay" or let it run to completion and eManager should install fine.
Posted By: MrWireless Re: Need Help Installing eManager - 12/12/09 05:48 PM
Originally posted by newtecky:
If it was me I would just open up a web browser to http;//{IP or name of server}/emanager from your laptop. No need to RDP or install.

Does the message only mention winadmin? The install checks for winadmin and to make sure the PC is not part of a domain before it will let you continue. I don't know what file it would see. I've never ran into that issue yet.
Posted By: MrWireless Re: Need Help Installing eManager - 12/12/09 05:52 PM
yes this is the message I'm receiving. I make sure I'm not on the companies domain. When the message appears I only have one choice to "exit" the "install" box is grayed out. Any suggestions???
Posted By: Radian Re: Need Help Installing eManager - 01/05/10 09:04 PM
I had the same problem. After discussion with Toshiba tech support, and attending a Network eManager webinar, I discovered 2 CTMC files in IIS ( Internet Information Services), which I am told were remnants of the old CTX WinAdmin. I have never had WinAdmin on this laptop, but I did have an old version of MyPhoneManager on it, which is probably where they came from. Anyway, as per the webinar instructions, I deleted them, and was then able to sucessfully upgrade my version of Network eManager. Hpe this helps. Mike
Posted By: SeaComms Re: Need Help Installing eManager - 01/06/10 03:50 PM
I just received my new laptop, Windows 7 Ultimate. So I fired up the Virtual XP machine and installed the latest version of Nework eManager. All went well, all installed properly, all worked. Added all my customers to the database then an hour or two later Micro$oft decided DontNet2.0 needed upgrading and bumped it up to DotNet3.0. Since then, the SQL server crashes everytime you try to do anything with it, ie, log in to emanager, try a database backup, try to view database error logs etc.

Tried rolling back to before the update but no avail. Tried reinstalling NeM, no go (it actually uninstalled it even though it said it was installing, so installed yet again, but still no good).

Gave up in the end and created a new XP virtual machine, installed NeM again, then disable windows updates. Working fine ever since smile
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Need Help Installing eManager - 01/09/10 12:35 AM
Dave there is a NeM recovery tool that fixes the DotNet3.0 issue available on my website dealer page.

Carl
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help