atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Amblix Technologies CIX100 Dial Delay Questions - 12/15/09 12:15 PM
Hey everyone, long time user new registration. I'm hoping someone can help answer me this question.

I'm trying to set my ring count from my Operator line to the 2nd group. Is there a way to specifiy ring counts before moving on to the second group or is this dictated by voicemail?

Right now its 4than4 would love 8than4

Dan the man can you field this one? You walked me through this initial configuration for everything and this is all I have left smile

Thanx bud
Posted By: Voyager Re: CIX100 Dial Delay Questions - 12/15/09 12:47 PM
If the calls are ringing a MCG, then change the delay1 timer in MCG programming on the 'Group" tab.

If the operator button is a PhDN, then I think the delay1 setting is under System Timers
Posted By: Amblix Technologies Re: CIX100 Dial Delay Questions - 12/15/09 03:19 PM
what do the numbers represent? actual rings? seconds? fractions of one?

Thank you so much!
Posted By: p2ii Re: CIX100 Dial Delay Questions - 12/15/09 05:49 PM
The numbers represent seconds...

8 rings is about 30 seconds give or take
Posted By: Voyager Re: CIX100 Dial Delay Questions - 12/15/09 06:12 PM
Pat's right. I use a rule of thumb, 4 sec. = 1 ring cycle.....8 rings; 32 seconds
Posted By: newtecky Re: CIX100 Dial Delay Questions - 12/15/09 10:30 PM
If you are using a multiple call group and set the system call forward template, then it will go to voicemail based on the system timer.

I just mention this because if you set delay 1 to 8 seconds, it may go to voicemail before the delay ringing kicks in.

I like to keep the SCP blank and just put the voicemail pilot in the MCG table as delay 2. That gives better flexability on when the call goes to voicemail, if I need more time. Other techs at my company always ask why I do it this way.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help