atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: thillis Randomly Going off Hook - 02/02/10 12:43 PM
Hopefully I explain this correctly. I have a CTX 100 with DTK3010 phones. I have one user who is complaining that her phone will randomly pick up to speaker phone. No one is calling. It just automatically picks ups. If it happens on the weekend it will stay on until she gets in and hangs it up. The phone works fine when someone is calling her or she is calling out. No one else is complaining of this problem. I have switched phones and that did not help. It happens at random times and random intervals. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Randomly Going off Hook - 02/02/10 12:47 PM
Double and triple check the wiring at the jack and at the blocks , maybe even move it to another port ?
Posted By: newtecky Re: Randomly Going off Hook - 02/02/10 01:41 PM
At least one time I had a strange problem, tech supoort recommended using the wire mesh that comes with a CTX 670. They were probably just throwing stuff out, like I usually do when troubleshooting.

As far as troubleshooting, I would also recommend trying a different port, checking wiring, plus trying a different pair on the cable.

It is kind of odd that it stays offhook on intercom. Usually the phone will timeout and go idle, unless it goes offhook to a CO line.
Posted By: p2ii Re: Randomly Going off Hook - 02/02/10 05:26 PM
What is programmed on button 6 of the phone? Try removing anything from that button and see what happens. Certain software revisions had an issue with button 6 on some phones and mysteriously going off hook. Of course, an update to the latest software version should fix this.
Posted By: CTK1000 Re: Randomly Going off Hook - 02/02/10 10:20 PM
It's a problem with the BDKU1A. You need to send your dealer should send it out for repair. or you need to not use that port.
Posted By: allanl Re: Randomly Going off Hook - 02/03/10 08:06 AM
Originally posted by p2ii:
What is programmed on button 6 of the phone? Try removing anything from that button and see what happens. Certain software revisions had an issue with button 6 on some phones and mysteriously going off hook. Of course, an update to the latest software version should fix this.
AHA!! You've answered my question I was gonna post about a similar problem! I've got an IP phone at my house that like to pick up line 5 (button 6) at random times - like when I'm sleeping!
Posted By: breed Re: Randomly Going off Hook - 02/04/10 06:00 PM
p2ii is dead on the money we have had this problem numerous times. If we can help send me a PM we are a dealer in Eastern N.C.
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Randomly Going off Hook - 02/04/10 08:19 PM
Button 6 was an issue years ago with the early version BDKU cards.
Posted By: red_ron Re: Randomly Going off Hook - 02/06/10 10:24 AM
This issue was two fold, yes it was older versions of BDKU cards and yes, you must install the RFI Mesh and ground the system. Replace the older BDKU card with V2 along with making sure the mesh is installed and the system is grounded. This will cure the problem!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help