atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: MrWireless Technician Training - 02/02/10 01:48 PM
I recently started a job with a school district with 16 Toshiba Phone Systems. I am a Telecom Technician with Mitel and Avaya training. I have been able to figure out a lot of programming options with Toshiba but I still need to go a Toshiba Training Class for installers and technicians. Anyone have information on upcoming classes anywhere in the U.S. Please reply.

Thank you
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Technician Training - 02/02/10 04:02 PM
Are you a Toshiba Dealer ?
Posted By: MrWireless Re: Technician Training - 02/02/10 08:14 PM
No, I am the School District's Telecom Technician. We have a vendor for major purchases and tech support issues beyond me but ultimately the Technology Director wants me to be trained to handle all Toshiba issues... That's why I was hired. I have been able to figure out most things like adding, swapping and moving extensions, programming features and the voicemail system, but I still need Toshiba's technician training... any suggestions???
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Technician Training - 02/02/10 08:47 PM
You either want to contact your local Toshiba authorized dealer for support or look into becoming a dealer your self.
https://www.telecom.toshiba.com/About_Us/Become-an-Authorized-Toshiba-Dealer/
Posted By: MrWireless Re: Technician Training - 02/02/10 09:02 PM
I work for a school district. Since we are a non-profit organization I don't think we qualify to be a dealer. Why can't I just pay to attend a training class. I'm sure they exist. Did you attend a training class?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Technician Training - 02/03/10 04:59 AM
Yes but we are Toshiba Dealers , Why would they offer training to someone who is not a dealer ? I don't know of any major communications company that will give training to a non dealer. Like Tony said give the vendor you spoke of a call and have them come give you some training
Posted By: MrWireless Re: Technician Training - 02/03/10 07:02 AM
Well that's the problem, Tech support is sporadic at best. That is why I was hired. Besides it is cost prohibitive to call for service everytime time someone is promoted or moved to a different campus, which happens a lot. I find it hard to beleive that large corporations and organizations like ours can not get training for their in-house technicians.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: Technician Training - 02/03/10 09:07 AM
Dear Mr. Wireless,

I know a most of the Toshiba dealers in your area. Some good, some not so good. Send me a PM with your contact information. I may be able to help you out with a few details.
Posted By: TadiranTechTexas Re: Technician Training - 02/03/10 09:13 AM
Most of the training that is offered would be from the Dealer level. Meaning, a dealer could come to your location and train you on the Programming software for both phone system and Voicemail. Contact me. I can help you.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help