atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Steve Mull Unified Messaging - 02/09/10 09:48 AM
Working on my first UM setup , does the customer have to use Outlook or can they use any email?
Posted By: SSPhone Re: Unified Messaging - 02/09/10 11:35 AM
Steve if you set it up to push, any pop3 account can get the email.
Posted By: RRino Re: Unified Messaging - 02/09/10 11:45 AM
Yup, any pop3 email account will work. Remember to change the vm parameter sys_msg_recording_audio_type to 5 otherwise there will be problems with listening to the messages.
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Unified Messaging - 02/09/10 01:59 PM
Customer say's the use Google Mail and said it was IMAP not pop3, I've never heard of IMAP ??
Posted By: p2ii Re: Unified Messaging - 02/09/10 05:31 PM
StratagyES can do IMAP on the newer releases I believe. There should be an option for IMAP in the system. Fyi IMAP = Internet Message Access Protocol. See here wikipedia imap

Check on Toshiba's web knowledgebase for article 2118. Assuming you have access to it.
Posted By: newtecky Re: Unified Messaging - 02/09/10 07:33 PM
I think they added IMAP at around 4.617, because I think that is when they took away the option to delete on send, thinking that they would not need it with IMAP. They later added a hotfix, and added the option back on a later version.

I have never done an IMAP setup, but you could just have the message sent to the email they provide and be done with it. Just because they check their mail using IMAP, doesn't nessesarily mean you have to integrate the Stratagy using IMAP. The message will still out using SMTP to the google mail server. In fact I have had less trouble sending to a google account then to others. I even use my gmail account to test when I am having trouble. If they have a valid email address, you can send the message, in most cases.

If you don't do the setup using IMAP, then you may want to option of delete on send. Other wise their message light on the phone will be blinking forever.

The advantage of the outlook client is that when the message is heard, it removes the message light. It works good, when it works.
Posted By: mavaks Re: Unified Messaging - 02/16/10 08:54 AM
Don't forget to install the codec or they won't be able to play the message.
Posted By: mavaks Re: Unified Messaging - 02/16/10 08:55 AM
Originally posted by RRino:
Yup, any pop3 email account will work. Remember to change the vm parameter sys_msg_recording_audio_type to 5 otherwise there will be problems with listening to the messages.
Does that eliminate the need for the codec?
Posted By: RRino Re: Unified Messaging - 02/16/10 12:02 PM
Originally posted by mavaks:
Yes it does, I did not have to install any special codec to play these messages, they also play on my BB as well.
Posted By: rbie Re: Unified Messaging - 05/05/10 10:07 AM
Originally posted by mavaks:
Yes it does, I did not have to install any special codec to play these messages, they also play on my BB as well.
Do you have to reboot the voicemail card for this change to take effect?

I changed it from 3 to 5, but the message is still being saved (sent) using the previous format.

Also, if the answer is 'Yes', can I reboot remotely using the ES Administration application?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Unified Messaging - 05/05/10 10:19 AM
Yes, need to reboot, and yes you can restart remotely. After you make the change it should ask if you want to restart
Posted By: rbie Re: Unified Messaging - 05/05/10 10:38 AM
It let me make the change, but didn't prompt for a restart. The only thing I see in the ES Admin menu is a 'Shutdown', not a 'reboot'.
Posted By: rbie Re: Unified Messaging - 05/05/10 10:42 AM
'Help' for 'Shutdown': "Click Yes. The Stratagy ES Administration program closes and the server is shut down. Windows NT shuts down and reboots automatically".

Hopefully, this is correct (the reboot part).
Posted By: rbie Re: Unified Messaging - 05/05/10 11:17 AM
Update: Yes, the "Shutdown" worked exactly as indicated. Shutdown and rebooted the voicemail card, and the message format is now correct. Thanks!
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help