atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: ptsstaff CTX 100 call abandoning with PRI & Cox - 02/15/10 09:30 AM
I have a CTX 100 with a PRI (BPTU) card getting call abandoning with a Cox circuit. This problem has occurred before with a Paetec circuit as well. We have replaced the BPTU. Cox has replaced all their equipment to the CO along with swapping wire pairs.

Has anyone experieced call abondoning with a CTX 100 system?
What slot is the card in ? How many channels on the PRI
Posted By: ptsstaff Re: CTX 100 call abandoning with PRI & Cox - 02/15/10 11:16 AM
Slot: S103
Full PRI, 23 channels
You can put the card in slot 4.. I think that is where it is recommended.

Steve Correct me if I am wrong?
No , I usually install it in S103, Check to make sure you have the clocking set.

Is anything in S104 ?
Posted By: MacOSX Re: CTX 100 call abandoning with PRI & Cox - 02/15/10 02:55 PM
Are you doing name + number and NI2? Is it incoming and outgoing? Some more details about your set-up will help us troubleshoot some more.

Steve is correct about S103 + clocking.
Posted By: ptsstaff Re: CTX 100 call abandoning with PRI & Cox - 02/15/10 03:53 PM
S104 is empty
Yes, name & number and NI2
Most of the problems have been with outgoing.

Where do I check for clocking?
Posted By: MacOSX Re: CTX 100 call abandoning with PRI & Cox - 02/15/10 07:16 PM
System Data > Primary Clock
You say CTX100 and not CIX. The problem may be with the software version. PRI programming and troubleshooting can be very complicated. I'm sure everyone here will agree that it's best left for a certified Toshiba dealer who can get tech support direct from Toshiba.
Posted By: ptsstaff Re: CTX 100 call abandoning with PRI & Cox - 02/16/10 06:30 AM
Primary Clock: 010301

System type: CIX100 : ACTU
Software: AR3.10 MK054.00
DREC Version: A0

My Toshiba vendor has no idea and swapped out the PRI card. The problem is not consistent and could not occur for days, weeks or months before reoccurring.
Patch cable, extended dmarc, distance from telco NIU, bad cable pairs, CSU issue, etc. Did you double check these? Did you have telco perform a stress test on the circuit? There are just so many variables and you said that the problem is not consistent. You might want to have your vendor work with Toshiba tech support. There are software tools available from Toshiba in addition to trace files to help your vendor look in the right direction.
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help