atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: Steve Mull Attendant Console - 04/14/10 07:04 AM
Have a customer with a attendant console on a CIX 670 that is getting a message "database link broken" rebooting the PC solves the problem for a while ?
Posted By: Larry M Wall Re: Attendant Console - 04/14/10 02:05 PM
Trying to remember......

I believe I had the same problem before and while working with Toshiba Tech Support I managed to stumble on the fix. So to try to remember I looked up the manuals and saw something about clicking and icon to fix the link. I think there may have been a typo in the icons link properties.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Attendant Console - 04/14/10 05:21 PM
What PDN do you have the attendant console at?
Posted By: Carlos#1 Re: Attendant Console - 04/14/10 06:48 PM
This was a problem with the earlier version of the attendant software.
What version are you running Steve?
Is it IP or PC attendant?
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Attendant Console - 04/15/10 05:52 AM
It is 110 Tony , Carl clicking on the "fix database icon does clear the broken link message for about 15 minutes. It is version 6.1.3, and it is not IP attendant.
Posted By: MacOSX Re: Attendant Console - 04/15/10 07:23 AM
I am having a similar problem at a customer right now. Their PDN for the PC Attendant console is 5052, which tech support told me to change to "0". I havent been back on site to try yet
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Attendant Console - 04/15/10 07:36 AM
Keep me posted if it solves your problem Tony
Posted By: Larry M Wall Re: Attendant Console - 04/15/10 07:12 PM
I discovered this left over on my home computer.....

I was unable to upload the log files for the attendent console. But since I created the password for the DB administrator ID the "Set CallStatistics" error had stop occurring. The error was replaced by a small alert at the lower right corner of the screen indicating "Database connection error". The new error does not cause any operational problems at this time.

..... apparently it was not a big deal when I got the error.
Posted By: slips007 Re: Attendant Console - 05/25/12 12:53 PM
I know this is old, but...BUMP!
The 'Database Link Broken' is caused by the SQL server database opening and closing all the time so the software thinks the database is closed when in fact it is not. By default, when the SQL database is created, it is created with the SQL db option 'Auto Close' as 'enabled'. Changing this to 'disabled' will allow the DB to be open all the time and thus run continuously and you will not see this error anymore.

Hope this helps!
Posted By: Steve Mull Re: Attendant Console - 05/30/12 02:04 PM
how do you change to "disable" ?
Posted By: Brownowl Re: Attendant Console - 05/31/12 12:37 AM
I would use SQL Server Management Studio Express (SSMSE) it's free to download and did the job for me
© Sundance Business VOIP Telephone Help