atcomsystems.ca/forum
Posted By: mcpierce CTX670 subnet requirement? - 04/15/10 09:58 AM
We have a CTX670 that I occasionally manage from a remote location. I have been using VPN to access the network, then using eManager to connect to the system. Recently the upstairs toilet overflowed and fried (among other things) our processor board. Phone installer replaced the board and the system is working again. HOWEVER, I can no longer connect to the system when connected to the network using VPN.

With the new processor I can't connect with eManager or FTP. In fact, I can't even ping the device. Pinging the CTX from a computer inside the network works fine, as does eManager. Using VPN I do get assigned an internal IP address, but a packet sniffer shows my ping requests coming from our public IP address (presumably something to do with the VPN software).

What I am trying to understand is if older processors responded to requests from a different subnet, while newer ones don't. Also, is there a way to force the system to allow traffic from outside the subnet? I don't see anything in eManager 5.10A14 (I checked from a computer inside the network).

The current software version is AR5.20 MT037.00. I don't know what it was in the old processor.

Any help appreciated!
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CTX670 subnet requirement? - 04/15/10 11:42 AM
Although the IP address stays the same, the MAC address has changed. You probably need to update the ARP table on your equipment. Can you send an ARP refresh command to your routers? Or just recycle the power on the equipment?
Posted By: mcpierce Re: CTX670 subnet requirement? - 04/15/10 02:17 PM
It took me a while to find the correct ARP table, but you were correct. Cleared the table and had no problem getting into eManager!

Thanks!

On a possibly related note, in program 909 MAC Address our "MAC Address Status" shows Invalid. Is this likely a problem?

- Michael
Posted By: phonemeister Re: CTX670 subnet requirement? - 04/15/10 10:15 PM
You probably have an older version of emanager. Upgrade to the newest version.
Posted By: mcpierce Re: CTX670 subnet requirement? - 04/16/10 07:16 AM
OK, I won't worry about the status message. Especially since everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks for all your help!
© Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help